Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Ahem. That's DIVERSIFY, ya young fart. (Only 43, eh?)

Evelyn Wood speed reading graduot - reading comprehension wasn't my
strong suit though.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Renata

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:00:48 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 01:59:26 -0800, the inscrutable Owen Lowe
spake:

In article ,
Renata wrote:

The pitiful thing is that these people get a kick out of trying to rile
up a bunch of middle-age guys and old coots.

Ahem! Speak for yourself but I certainly ain't no middle aged old
coot!!

My apologies, fair lady, I was speaking in demographic generalities.

That's middle-aged cootette, Owie.

COOTETTE!?!?! You're lucky you live way over on the other side!

And, who you callin' "middle aged"sonny boy(especially since my bday
was yesterday) !?

You ought 'n be takin' a lesson from that gentleman, Owen!

:-)

Renata

The fact that they have
nothing better to do than get a few giggles and snickers from posting
their middle school based humor on a group of woodworkers - WOODWORKERS!
FOR GOD'S SAKE! - speaks volumes about their dismal existence.

You ever heard of "di-ver-si-ty?

Isn't that Ol' C-less's deally?

Ahem. That's DIVERSIFY, ya young fart. (Only 43, eh?)

Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com
what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications

Bob Schmall

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news
In article .com,
"Charlie Self" wrote:

I'm using Google, too, but I no longer pass by the trolls and other
fools. The "show options" bit lets me post an abuse report easily. Too
early by far to see if that does any good, I think, but if it doesn't,
I can just avoid them, though the language and concepts get old in a
rush.

The pitiful thing is that these people get a kick out of trying to rile
up a bunch of middle-age guys and old coots. The fact that they have
nothing better to do than get a few giggles and snickers from posting
their middle school based humor on a group of woodworkers - WOODWORKERS!
FOR GOD'S SAKE! - speaks volumes about their dismal existence.

Worked, didn't it? ;-)

Bob

skeezics

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:19:44 -0400, alexy wrote:

skeezics wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:18:23 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Once Agent can filter on message text, they'll have gone a long,
long way toward making a perfect product. I just wish they'd DO
that. Then I could filter out replies to the jerks as well as the
jerks. As it is now, I have to nuke the sender and ALL repliers to
their posts if I don't want to see a particular person's messages.

it can.

filter by subject. when you hit the filter button click the button
that says by subject or past subject and then yes. this gets the
entire subject gone. violla!!!

And in what way does filtering on the subject header satisfy the
desire to be able to filter on message text?

my god man!!! how much filtering do you expect from a machine? once
you filter the poster and the subject i would call it good. if you
start filtering text within a message you are gonna miss a lot of good
information. this is afterall usenet. if you see something offensive
simply delete it. works for me!!

skeez

but it dont stop the trolls who
bombard us with several hundred different subject lines and addresses.

skeez

alexy

wrote:

[...]

Take a deep breath! g I agree. But the poster to whom you replied
was asking about filtering on message text, and you said that you
could, and proceeded to tell how to filter on the subject header. I
would find downloading the message text and then filtering to be
somewhat counter-productive, since one of the main purpose of
filtering for me is to decide which messages to download.

I've toyed with the idea of using a Bayesian filter on usenet, since
they are so wonderfully effective on mail, but I can't quite figure
out how I would see it working, for the same reason that I don't want
to download all of the message texts to run through the filter.

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:55:58 -0400, the inscrutable Renata
spake:

wrote:

That's middle-aged cootette, Owie.

COOTETTE!?!?! You're lucky you live way over on the other side!

Ah, you betcha.

And, who you callin' "middle aged"sonny boy(especially since my bday
was yesterday) !?

Was the fire department alerted prior to the cake lighting?

You ought 'n be takin' a lesson from that gentleman, Owen!

:-)

Nay, to parry and riposte is much more fun!

Renata

HBD, Natty.

--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:
http://diversify.com Premium Website Development
Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
"Bob Schmall" wrote:

Worked, didn't it? ;-)

Given the popularity of products such as the Sander Sitter, Blade-Loc
and commercial Scary Sharp kits, is it any wonder that the trolls fill
their creels?
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
____

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Lare S

AMEN!, AMEN! ___ What ever happened to the thing called WOODWORKING?

Lare