Never Enough Money

Default LN Now Sells Bench Vises

FYI - Lie-Nielsen now sell bench vises made by an old German company.

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/toolcat.html?cat=17

AAvK

FYI - Lie-Nielsen now sell bench vises made by an old German company.
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/toolcat.html?cat=17

So does Woodcraft supply, but Woodworker's supply sells some US made
bench screws and vises, made by http://www.milwmal.com/home.htm , the
same folks that make Morgan vises currently.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Never Enough Money

Thanks. I didn't check every link on www.milwmal.com, but I didn't find
the same vises. They looked nice but I could not find a tail vise, for
example.

charlie b

Never Enough Money wrote:

FYI - Lie-Nielsen now sell bench vises made by an old German company.

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/toolcat.html?cat=17

The chain drive single handled vise looks like a PITA to
install and you can put a board between the screws. Seems
like you have to take the thing apart to get to the
chain and you can't skew the jaws if you want to. For
about $100 less I'd still go with the Veritas Twin Screw.

charlie b
AAvK

Thanks. I didn't check every link on www.milwmal.com, but I didn't find
the same vises. They looked nice but I could not find a tail vise, for
example.

Look for "tail vise" at wws, they explain who makes them and not mentioned
on milwmal.com... on the other hand here's the link:
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...9&LARGEVIEW=ON

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

AAvK

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/toolcat.html?cat=17

The chain drive single handled vise looks like a PITA to
install and you can put a board between the screws. Seems
like you have to take the thing apart to get to the
chain and you can't skew the jaws if you want to. For
about $100 less I'd still go with the Veritas Twin Screw.

charlie b

It looks good, but by what you say it doesn't make sense for the money!

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Never Enough Money

Would have to compare fit and finish to decide for sure.

Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to find a 1 1/4" shoulder
screw since woodcraft stopped carrying them.

What's up with the welded tail vises? Have people experienced problems
with the unwelded versions?

AAvK

Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to find a 1 1/4" shoulder
screw since woodcraft stopped carrying them.

What's up with the welded tail vises? Have people experienced problems
with the unwelded versions?

Why not the LV Slov 1-1/8"? I got them, awesome screws.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

AAvK

Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to find a 1 1/4" shoulder
screw since woodcraft stopped carrying them.

Also, 1-1/4" is what you get with the US made ones at wws:
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...9&LARGEVIEW=ON

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Also, 1-1/4" is what you get with the US made ones at wws:

What is wws?

AAvK

What is wws?

Woodworker's supply:

http://woodworker.com/

Woodworking/Shop Bench Bob Woodworking 6 February 1st 05 04:17 AM
[Ganoksin] [Issue #98] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Metalworking 0 April 29th 04 03:49 PM
Bench Top Drill Press That Can Swing Drill Head Jay Chan Woodworking 8 April 4th 04 10:17 PM
[Ganoksin] [January 2004] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Metalworking 0 January 24th 04 06:41 PM
Bench Vise Questions (Steel vs. Iron) x Metalworking 2 September 1st 03 04:50 PM