Art and Diane

Default Any SW Wisconsin wood sources?

We're taking a short trip to SW Wisconsin this weekend. Anyone know
where I might find a source for turning blanks or slabs.

Thanks
Art

Knothead

You betcha. Richland Center stop up and see Floyd and Carol Hacker at
ocoochhardwoords www.ocoochhardwoods.com
Depending on where you are coming from if you go just a little bit south to
Northern Illinois You can go to Mike Johnson's sawmill just south of Mount
Carroll near Timberlake play house. Look him up on woodfinder.net under
Johnson Creek Hardwoods... Outstanding Walnut supplier. Also in between
there is Monroe Wi (Great beer and cheese town). Deppler Wood Shop N2893
Youth Cabin Rd Monroe, WI 53566-9232 608-325-9913 All very nice country
for a weekend drive
Have fun.. Eat cheese or die!

Knothead

"Art and Diane" wrote in message
We're taking a short trip to SW Wisconsin this weekend. Anyone know
where I might find a source for turning blanks or slabs.

Thanks
Art

Unquestionably Confused

Art and Diane wrote:
We're taking a short trip to SW Wisconsin this weekend. Anyone know
where I might find a source for turning blanks or slabs.

In the SE WI area (not terribly far from Monroe if you're exploring) is
Badger Hardwoods of WI http://www.badgerwood.com/
They'er on US Route 14 on the north side of Walworth, WI.

Unisaw A-100

Art and Diane wrote:
We're taking a short trip to SW Wisconsin this weekend. Anyone know
where I might find a source for turning blanks or slabs.

You don't say where you are going to be exactly but I just
dragged these off of WoodFinder.com.

Kettle Moraine Hardwoods Hartford WI (16 miles)

Kettle Moraine Hardwoods Caledonia WI (26 miles)

Badger Hardwoods Of Wisconsin, Ltd. Walworth WI (45 miles)

The Russell Mill Zion IL (50 miles)

Velvit Products Company Neenah WI (74 miles)

The Hardwood Connection Sycamore IL (81 miles)

All distances are from Wauk-e-sha.

UA100
Tom Watson

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:26:46 GMT, Unisaw A-100
wrote:

Velvit Products Company Neenah WI (74 miles)

Was the town founded by Wreckahs?

And "Velvit" sounds suspiciously like "Velveeta" for a bidness in the
WisPride state.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

patrick conroy

"Unisaw A-100" wrote in message

Velvit Products Company Neenah WI (74 miles)

[ Warning - Left Turn Coming... ]

I'm old enuff to remember driving down to Havard, IL for "oleo" since
margarine was outlawed in WI.

Also, when I worked at the grocery store - we noticed a distinct decline in
Velveeta sales when we rearranged the dairy section. Funny, once we put the
"mostly petroleum based product" back in the chiller, sales restored.

Guess no one noticed the "needs no refridgeration" on the side of the box
back then.

Unquestionably Confused

patrick conroy wrote:
"Unisaw A-100" wrote in message

Velvit Products Company Neenah WI (74 miles)

[ Warning - Left Turn Coming... ]

I'm old enuff to remember driving down to Havard, IL for "oleo" since
margarine was outlawed in WI.

Heh, I live just SE of Harvard and I'm surprised they were selling it
THERE, after all, it IS the Milk Capitol of the World according to their
publicist.g I mean, any town that has a statue of a cow sitting in
the the middle of an intersection has to have some claim to fame other
than lunacy and inbreeding, no?

Growing up in the northern suburbs and frequently traveling up into SE
WI I can definitely recall all those Red on Yellow signs along US Route
41 proclaiming "Last Chance for Oleo," "Last Chance for Colored Margarine."

Unisaw A-100

Tom Watson wrote:
Was the town founded by Wreckahs?

No. The town was founded by Velvit Jones.

UA100
Tom Watson

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:27:59 GMT, Unisaw A-100
wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:
Was the town founded by Wreckahs?

No. The town was founded by Velvit Jones.

UA100

The dude that makes ho-made cheese?