Unquestionably Confused

patrick conroy wrote:
"Unisaw A-100" wrote in message

Velvit Products Company Neenah WI (74 miles)

[ Warning - Left Turn Coming... ]

I'm old enuff to remember driving down to Havard, IL for "oleo" since
margarine was outlawed in WI.

Heh, I live just SE of Harvard and I'm surprised they were selling it
THERE, after all, it IS the Milk Capitol of the World according to their
publicist.g I mean, any town that has a statue of a cow sitting in
the the middle of an intersection has to have some claim to fame other
than lunacy and inbreeding, no?

Growing up in the northern suburbs and frequently traveling up into SE
WI I can definitely recall all those Red on Yellow signs along US Route
41 proclaiming "Last Chance for Oleo," "Last Chance for Colored Margarine."