Michael Billings

Default cordless nailers

I'm going to be pirchasing a finish nailer. I dont have a lot of space and
have a basement shop (up and down stairs with tools). I like the idea of a
battery powered nailer, I'm sure its not cheap though. Is it a good way to
go, or not?
Do they carry enough power, is the technology developed enough to produce a
tool worth investing in?

Thank you.

Michael

Woodcrafter

"Michael Billings" wrote in message
I'm going to be pirchasing a finish nailer. I dont have a lot of space

and
have a basement shop (up and down stairs with tools). I like the idea of

battery powered nailer, I'm sure its not cheap though. Is it a good way to
go, or not?
Do they carry enough power, is the technology developed enough to produce

tool worth investing in?

Forget cordless nail guns, unless it is something like a Paslode framing
nailer.
Cordless brad nailers, pinners or staplers never really drive the nails
flush, are inconsistent and just don't have the power for anything harder
than pine :-(

Stick to pneumatic nailers and don't look back! Even some of the cheap
Harbor Freight nailers are pretty good for semi-regular use.
Just about all nailers will run off even the smaller pancake compressors.

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
WIN! $200 of woodworking tools of your choice!
Enter online today.
Latest 6 Reviews:
- EZ Smart Guide System
- Ryobi EBS1310VK Belt Sander
- Incra V27 Miter Gauge
- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner
- Festool TDK Cordless Drills
- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps

Lee Gordon

I had a chance to play with a couple of DeWalt cordless nailers and liked
them both. If you like to fire nails at a rapid clip, machine gun style,
you may prefer the 18 volt model. Otherwise, the 14.4 volt gun ought to be
fine. The major downside is they will set you back $400 or more.

Lee

Buck Turgidson

I'm going to be pirchasing a finish nailer. I dont have a lot of space
and
have a basement shop (up and down stairs with tools). I like the idea of

battery powered nailer, I'm sure its not cheap though. Is it a good way to
go, or not?
Do they carry enough power, is the technology developed enough to produce

tool worth investing in?

I've never regretted buying an air compressor and air nailer, which will
perform better than battery-operated. There are a lot of other uses for the
compressor besides driving the nailer, e.g. auto/bike tires, air mattresses,
basketballs etc.

Price them out and compare the difference to the battery type.

Unquestionably Confused

Lee Gordon wrote:
I had a chance to play with a couple of DeWalt cordless nailers and liked
them both. If you like to fire nails at a rapid clip, machine gun style,
you may prefer the 18 volt model. Otherwise, the 14.4 volt gun ought to be
fine. The major downside is they will set you back $400 or more.

As opposed to one of the Porter-Cable deals that might feature both the
brad nailer and finish nailer along with a pancake compressor and hose,
etc. for about or slightly less. Then too, when the Ni-cad battery pack
craps out you can drop another $75-$100 to replace it.

The choice is yours though...g

Don

"Michael Billings" wrote
I'm going to be pirchasing a finish nailer. I dont have a lot of space
and have a basement shop (up and down stairs with tools). I like the idea
of a battery powered nailer, I'm sure its not cheap though. Is it a good
way to go, or not?
Do they carry enough power, is the technology developed enough to produce
a tool worth investing in?

I have the Paslode Impulse Framing nailer and the Paslode Angled Finish
nailer and I like both of them.
(the angled one lets you get into closer areas than the straight one)
Very powerful, lightweight, and a pleasure to use.
They are about $379 each at Lowes.
I have pneumatic nailers too but I never use them anymore since I bought the
Paslodes.
I always hated hooking up the compressor and dragging hoses around.
This weekend I'm going to buy the Ryobi cordless brad/staple nailer.

danger

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:47:20 GMT, "Michael Billings"
wrote:

I'm going to be pirchasing a finish nailer. I dont have a lot of space and
have a basement shop (up and down stairs with tools). I like the idea of a
battery powered nailer, I'm sure its not cheap though. Is it a good way to
go, or not?
Do they carry enough power, is the technology developed enough to produce a
tool worth investing in?

Thank you.

Michael

Look at the Passload gun uses butaine
mac davis

wrote:

I'm going to be pirchasing a finish nailer. I dont have a lot of space and
have a basement shop (up and down stairs with tools). I like the idea of a
battery powered nailer, I'm sure its not cheap though. Is it a good way to
go, or not?
Do they carry enough power, is the technology developed enough to produce a
tool worth investing in?

Thank you.

Michael

I tried 4 different CORDED brad nailers and didn't find anything that did the
job that my $15 HF nailers do..
I use the old Craftsman power staple gun (corded) a lot though, and it works
great..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Lee Gordon

As opposed to one of the Porter-Cable deals that might feature both the
brad nailer and finish nailer along with a pancake compressor and hose,
etc. for about or slightly less. Then too, when the Ni-cad battery pack
craps out you can drop another $75-$100 to replace it.

The DeWalts come with 2 battery packs.

Lee