J. Clarke

Zed Rafi wrote:

i've got a VERY basic jigsaw. it's a Black & Decker corded jigsaw, that i
got for very cheap (50 canadian bucks).
I imagine these jigsaws are considered absolute crap to the experienced
woodworker, but it seems to work fine for the occasional use i make of it.

The big problem with cheap jigsaws is not durability but lack of precision.
Way backalong I tried a Bosch and immediately bought one--cost more at the
time than all my other portable tools combined but it was worth it. There
is no other power tool where the difference between "cheap" and "good" is
as apparent as in a jigsaw, but until you've used both you don't realize
just how wide that gap is.

Using Bosch blades in your saw if it will take them should help but it still
doesn't have the orbital action or precision control of blade movement that
the Bosch mechanism (also used in one variation or another by Milwaukee and
a couple of other vendors now that the Bosch patents have expired)
provides.

If you can't get a smooth cut then you need to smooth it by other
means--depending on the intricacy of the cut you can use planes or scrapers
or various kinds of sanders.

"Lawrence Wasserman" a écrit dans le message
de ...
What kind of jigsaw do you have? The first & best thing you can do is
to get a high quality saw like a Bosch or Milwaukee.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Bosch 1590 jigsaw David Hall Woodworking 21 December 24th 04 05:20 PM
curved joinery brocpuffs Woodworking 7 October 15th 04 11:04 PM
help with curved stretchers Sam the Cat Woodworking 2 September 30th 04 02:10 AM
Making a hardwood curved stage Jim Woodworking 5 June 18th 04 04:25 PM
Why can't I cut worktop with jigsaw? rrh UK diy 25 June 13th 04 10:02 AM