Darrell

Default How to dry raw wood quickly

I am using small ( 8 inch) diameter trees for a project and would like
to know a quick way to dry them. I have a wood stove in a sun room and
can keep a fire in it to dehumidify the air, but I don't have any idea
how long it would take.

Maybe there is a better way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Darrell
Edwin Pawlowski

"Darrell" wrote in message
I am using small ( 8 inch) diameter trees for a project and would like to
know a quick way to dry them. I have a wood stove in a sun room and can
keep a fire in it to dehumidify the air, but I don't have any idea how long
it would take.

Maybe there is a better way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Darrell

They will dry very fast in the stove, less than an hour. They will dry in a
few weeks outside the stove, but that is not always a good thing. Wood that
dries too fast can split on the ends.

How fast is fast and what is the final use? How long are they?

FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 016 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 August 3rd 04 09:11 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 008 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 April 27th 04 04:07 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 007 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 April 14th 04 07:47 PM
### Micro-FAQ on wood # 002 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 1 February 1st 04 02:06 PM