DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to dry raw wood quickly (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/96907-how-dry-raw-wood-quickly.html)

Darrell March 28th 05 08:19 PM

How to dry raw wood quickly

I am using small ( 8 inch) diameter trees for a project and would like
to know a quick way to dry them. I have a wood stove in a sun room and
can keep a fire in it to dehumidify the air, but I don't have any idea
how long it would take.

Maybe there is a better way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Darrell

Edwin Pawlowski March 29th 05 01:45 AM

"Darrell" wrote in message
I am using small ( 8 inch) diameter trees for a project and would like to
know a quick way to dry them. I have a wood stove in a sun room and can
keep a fire in it to dehumidify the air, but I don't have any idea how long
it would take.

Maybe there is a better way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Darrell

They will dry very fast in the stove, less than an hour. They will dry in a
few weeks outside the stove, but that is not always a good thing. Wood that
dries too fast can split on the ends.

How fast is fast and what is the final use? How long are they?