Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alexander Galkin

Default Cabinet grade plywood

I decided to build kitchen cabinets case from 3/4" hard maple plywood. I
called several places and only one carries A-1 grade maple plywood. Others
only B-1 grade and they tried to convince me it is perfectly suitable for
furniture making. What grade do I really need? What other characteristics
(i.e. number of plies and face veneer thickness) do I need to consider
beyond grade? 3/4" plywood will be used for case side, bottom and top, 1/2"
or 1/4" will be used for back. I will also probably use 1/2" or 3/4" plywood
for drawer bottoms, all drawer sides will be solid maple. Also can anyone
point me where I can buy inexpensively hard maple plywood?