Jim

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
I decided to build kitchen cabinets case from 3/4" hard maple plywood. I
called several places and only one carries A-1 grade maple plywood. Others
only B-1 grade and they tried to convince me it is perfectly suitable for
furniture making. What grade do I really need?

Did they show you the difference between A and B grades?
What other characteristics
(i.e. number of plies and face veneer thickness) do I need to consider
beyond grade? 3/4" plywood will be used for case side, bottom and top,

1/2"
or 1/4" will be used for back.

1/4 will be adequate.
I will also probably use 1/2" or 3/4" plywood
for drawer bottoms, all drawer sides will be solid maple.

Most people would use 1/4 for the bottoms. If the drawers are really wide,
you might consider something thicker.
Also can anyone
point me where I can buy inexpensively hard maple plywood?

Dream on...
Jim