Lowell Holmes

Default McFeely screws

I was privileged to attend the 18th Century Furniture Conference at
Williamsburg last January. There was a bag of gifts for the participants.
The gift package included several pounds of square drive screws. That
package was all I brought home that was in the bag. I think the screws got
TSA's attention, because my suitcase had been inspected thoroughly. G

I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use some
of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of very high
quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need fasteners.

Thanks McFeely's. The best gift bag I've ever received.

Lawrence L'Hote

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use
some of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of
very high quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need
fasteners.

Thanks McFeely's.

I discovered the McFeely square drive screws several years ago. I use them
often. Previously, I had used those Spax screws but McFeely has them beat.
Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

Robatoy

In article rK00e.12176$b_6.507@trnddc01,
"Lowell Holmes" wrote:

I was privileged to attend the 18th Century Furniture Conference at
Williamsburg last January. There was a bag of gifts for the participants.
The gift package included several pounds of square drive screws. That
package was all I brought home that was in the bag. I think the screws got
TSA's attention, because my suitcase had been inspected thoroughly. G

I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use some
of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of very high
quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need fasteners.

Thanks McFeely's. The best gift bag I've ever received.

Stuff of that quality makes it fun to use. You just know that you're not
going to twist off the head.
Even though they were invented up here in Kanuckistan, nobody here makes
them that well.... at least not that I'm aware of.
PDQ

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message =
|=20
| "Lowell Holmes" wrote in message=20
| I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to =
use=20
| some of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are =
of=20
| very high quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need=20
| fasteners.
|
| Thanks McFeely's.
|=20
| I discovered the McFeely square drive screws several years ago. I use =
them=20
| often. Previously, I had used those Spax screws but McFeely has them =
beat.
| Larry
| --=20
| Columbia, MO
| www.llhote.com=20
|=20

Nice to see that you Americans are finally finding out what we Canadians =
have known for the upwards of the last hundred years. Mr Robertson sure =
dreamed up a wonderful screw.

--=20

PDQ
--
=20

Edwin Pawlowski

"PDQ" wrote in message
Mr Robertson sure dreamed up a wonderful screw.

And Mrs. Robertson was sure grateful for it.

Jim

Actually, Ol' PL Robertson was a confirmed, and lifelong, bachelor. But he
he did know something about screws, and for that we can all be thankful.

Jim Ray, President
McFeely's Square Drive Screws
www.mcfeelys.com

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"PDQ" wrote in message
Mr Robertson sure dreamed up a wonderful screw.

And Mrs. Robertson was sure grateful for it.

Jim

Thanks Lowell. We get requests all the time for charity and promotional
opportunities such as the Williamsburg event. I can't remember ever getting
a thank-you from one of the participants. My hats off to you for starting my
day off right!

Jim Ray, President
McFeely's Square Drive Screws
www.mcfeelys.com

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
I was privileged to attend the 18th Century Furniture Conference at
Williamsburg last January. There was a bag of gifts for the participants.
The gift package included several pounds of square drive screws. That
package was all I brought home that was in the bag. I think the screws got
TSA's attention, because my suitcase had been inspected thoroughly. G

I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use

some
of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of very

high
quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need fasteners.

Thanks McFeely's. The best gift bag I've ever received.

Leon

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
I was privileged to attend the 18th Century Furniture Conference at
Williamsburg last January. There was a bag of gifts for the participants.
The gift package included several pounds of square drive screws. That
package was all I brought home that was in the bag. I think the screws got
TSA's attention, because my suitcase had been inspected thoroughly. G

I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use
some of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of
very high quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need
fasteners.

Thanks McFeely's. The best gift bag I've ever received.

Good for you discovering this Lowell. Square drive screws are very nice to
use. that said however not all square drive screws are created equally.
You can rest assured that McFeeleys does indeed have the higher quality
square drive screws. You will also find that these High quality screws from
McFeeleys are quite often cheaper than you can find at any home improvement
center.

Leon

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Even though they were invented up here in Kanuckistan, nobody here makes
them that well.... at least not that I'm aware of.

Um,,, I don't think it is any secret that McFeeleys screw's in many cases,
are imports. Again, specifications and standards are what make a product
good, not the country of origin.

Lowell Holmes

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

Good for you discovering this Lowell. Square drive screws are very nice
to use. that said however not all square drive screws are created
equally. You can rest assured that McFeeleys does indeed have the higher
quality square drive screws. You will also find that these High quality
screws from McFeeleys are quite often cheaper than you can find at any
home improvement center.

I've used the Kreg pocket screw jig for some time and used their screws.
McFeelys offer a much wider variety than I had seen previously. I definitely
will be using them in the future.

patrick conroy

"Jim" wrote in message

We get requests all the time for charity and promotional
opportunities such as the Williamsburg event.

Thank you!!!

patrick conroy

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use

some
of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of very

high
quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need fasteners.

Welcome to the McFeely's family.
You won't be using anything else for the work you treasure.

B a r r y

Leon wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Even though they were invented up here in Kanuckistan, nobody here makes
them that well.... at least not that I'm aware of.

Um,,, I don't think it is any secret that McFeeleys screw's in many cases,
are imports. Again, specifications and standards are what make a product
good, not the country of origin.

McFeeley's often mentions the fact that hardware is imported in the
catalog. Statements similar to "coated just enough to protect them on
the journey across the Pacific", or some similar wording, did it for me.

Regardless of origin, I've never been disappointed with McFeeley's
screws. They are head and shoulders above anything I can get in a local
hardware store or home center.

Barry
mac davis

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:36:56 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

Thanks Lowell. We get requests all the time for charity and promotional
opportunities such as the Williamsburg event. I can't remember ever getting
a thank-you from one of the participants. My hats off to you for starting my
day off right!

Jim Ray, President
McFeely's Square Drive Screws
www.mcfeelys.com

Jim...
I find it pleasing that you monitor the wRECk, and that you responded so
quickly...

Your company does make a quality product that I enjoy using... and the idea of
having the company on the wRECk to answer questions, etc. is awesome.. thanks!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
jo4hn

Lowell Holmes wrote:
I was privileged to attend the 18th Century Furniture Conference at
Williamsburg last January. There was a bag of gifts for the participants.
The gift package included several pounds of square drive screws. That
package was all I brought home that was in the bag. I think the screws got
TSA's attention, because my suitcase had been inspected thoroughly. G

I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use some
of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of very high
quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need fasteners.

Thanks McFeely's. The best gift bag I've ever received.

Good company, service, and product. I've been a happy McF customer for
a couple years now.
j4

Jim

Thanks for the kind words. I respond a lot faster during the week than I do
on the weekends. Lots of DIY projects, and no computer hookups in the shop,
or out in the yard where I generally spend my weekends.

"mac davis" wrote in message
[...]

mac davis

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:08:00 GMT, B a r r y
wrote:

Leon wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Even though they were invented up here in Kanuckistan, nobody here makes
them that well.... at least not that I'm aware of.

Um,,, I don't think it is any secret that McFeeleys screw's in many cases,
are imports. Again, specifications and standards are what make a product
good, not the country of origin.

McFeeley's often mentions the fact that hardware is imported in the
catalog. Statements similar to "coated just enough to protect them on
the journey across the Pacific", or some similar wording, did it for me.

Regardless of origin, I've never been disappointed with McFeeley's
screws. They are head and shoulders above anything I can get in a local
hardware store or home center.

Barry

So, should their slogan be "the place to come when you want a good screw"? lol