Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Scott D. Magee

Default Home Shop Air Compressor

Trying to decide on an air compressor.

One from Lowes and one from Home Depot.

Both are oil lubed, cast iron pumps, 120 volt, belt driven, uprights.

The Kobalt brand from Lowes is rated 5.7 @ 90psi and has a 30 gal tank.

The Husky brand from Home Depot is rated 5.8 @ 90psi and has a 26 gal tank.

I'm leaning toward the Husky from Home Depot, but, should the 4 gal tank
difference compel me to get the Kobalt from Lowes?

Am I better off with the 5.8cfm and the smaller tank or..
the 5.7cfm with the bigger tank?

Use of the compressor will be automotive air tools and wood tools like
nailers. I don't see using it for spray painting at all nor heavy sanding.

Thanks for any advise.

sdm