Never Enough Money

Default Laguna LT14SE Bandsaw blades

Can you buy off-the-shelf blades for the Laguna LT14SE or must they be
custom made?

Never Enough Money

Well I sent Laguna and Lee Valeey an email (Lee Valley because they
sell bandsaw blades and have reknown service). Sure enough, Lee Valley
responded first thing the next business day. I haven't heard from
Laguna but the day isn't done and they are three time zones
different....

Anyway, I'll pass the Lee Valley service on to this group, Here's what
Lee Valley said:
Thank you for your inquiry. We checked the Laguna Tools Web site and
according to the information listed on their Web site
(http://www.lagunatools.com/lt14se.htm), it would appear that the
Laguna
LT14SE bandsaw requires blades that are 112" long. Unfortunately, we
do not carry 112" bandsaw blades in our product line.

We suggest contacting R & D Bandsaws at 1-800-461-3895 as they
custom-make any size of band saw blades. You can also visit their web
site at:
http://www.tufftooth.com/

You can also try Dominion Saw LTD. as they also custom make band saw
blades. They can be reached by phone at (905) 270-2200 or by fax at
(905) 270-6234.

We hope this answers your question and we look forward to hearing from
you again.

Regards,

(name removed by emptyshell)
Internet Customer Service Representative
Thankyou Lee Valley!

Never Enough Money

Called Laguna and they do sell blades -- prices were comparable to what
I've seen at Timberwolf, etc.

Otherwise, you have to order custom lengths (112") -- many places will
do that, including Timberwolf.

Laguna's "resaw king" seems to be a really nice resawing blade -- it's
about $140.