Kevin S. Main

Default Woodworking Plan Software

Does anyone know of any good woodworking plan software at a reasonable
price....FREE!!!! or otherwise.

Kevin S Main

Dave Balderstone

In article kn5%d.87982$Ze3.36103@attbi_s51, Kevin S. Main
wrote:

Does anyone know of any good woodworking plan software at a reasonable
price....FREE!!!! or otherwise.

Paper, pencil, and the wetware between your ears.

--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

It is best to do a Google search for the specific item you are
interested in. You will find that many people have asked the same
thing and have gotten various answers--some helpful--to the same
question.

I use plans mostly for construction techniques. For example, I bought
Furniture Designs, Inc. plan for a dresser:

http://www.furnituredesigns.com/727.htm

and built this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...erstained1.jpg

Some of the construction techniques were questionable in the Furniture
Design Plans and, believe it or not, the Stickley catalog has a good
amount of information on suggested construction techniques.

By downloading the Stickley catalog he

http://www.stickley.com/gallery/index.html

and using the photo of the dresser on page 109 combined with the
Furniture Design plans and a story stick (look that one up too) the
rest was just cranking.

Kevin S. Main wrote:
Does anyone know of any good woodworking plan software at a

reasonable
price....FREE!!!! or otherwise.

Kevin S Main

Nicholas

On the rare occasion I feel the need for computer involvement in the design
process I use Visio. Pretty good at printing out precise sectional views of
say a window sash or door stile too. You can draw in the measurement system
you prefer and when it comes to printing it it comes out the right size. Oh
and it's a doddle to learn.

Nicholas

--
Nicholas Buttle - Quality Joinery and Cabinet Making
http://www.nbjoinery.net

--

oups.com...

Kevin S. Main wrote:
Does anyone know of any good woodworking plan software at a

reasonable
price....FREE!!!! or otherwise.

Kevin S Main

Richard Clements

I have lignum cad for linux, it's made for wood working projects, it's OK, a
little on the flaky side, keeps crashing, it's still version 0.2 so it
hasn't made it out of the bata stage yet, I used Qcad when I was running
Mandrake, but I can only get the demo version to run on Suse 9.2, I keep
having problems with the community version, I think it's a Qt issue, I'd
love to here if anyone else has gotten it to work