muttongeoff

Default Axminster SK250T panel saw. Any good?

I am trying to decide which saw table to go for, I wasn't especially
looking for a panel saw but the SK250T from Axminster seems very cheap
(=A31351.21 inc vat) and it would definitely be a plus to have a
scribing blade for cutting up ply and pre-veneered boards. has anyone
got any experience of this saw? is it a bargain, or just cheap and
nasty.

Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "muttongeoff"
wrote:

I am trying to decide which saw table to go for, I wasn't especially
looking for a panel saw but the SK250T from Axminster seems very cheap

Fondled one, haven't powered one up.

Looks like you're getting just what you paid for. The table is skinny
and the RHS extension is an extra. Half of that "iron" table is
actually aluminium.

As a panel saw it looks great. Sliding table, scoring blade and still
very cheap, even with the extension. If you work plywood, it's
probably excellent. But if I were going to bang hardwoods on and off
it all day, then I'd look at their Rojek or even the Sedgwick saws.
I've used the Rojek combi and it was really nice - and a Sedgwick is
my aspirational cabinet saw.