J M A R T I N

Default QUESTION: how-to do this with hardware - desk / monitor combo?

Greetings all,

I have a project where I am building a desk, I would like to be able
to put a flat screen monitor on the desktop which by itself is easily
accomplished.

However, I would like to be able to have the monitor disappear into
the desk when it is not being used via some type of hardware which I
am totally drawing a blank on.

Does anyone know if there is a website that has hardware that could
accomplish this task?

I can't even tell you what I am looking for because I don't know of a
name for it other than it seems like it would be a hydrolic type
action that pushes the monitor up when needed and can be pushed down
when out of use.

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

Lobby Dosser

J M A R T I N j r m a r t i n @ n e w s g u y . c o m wrote:

Greetings all,

I have a project where I am building a desk, I would like to be able
to put a flat screen monitor on the desktop which by itself is easily
accomplished.

However, I would like to be able to have the monitor disappear into
the desk when it is not being used via some type of hardware which I
am totally drawing a blank on.

Does anyone know if there is a website that has hardware that could
accomplish this task?

I can't even tell you what I am looking for because I don't know of a
name for it other than it seems like it would be a hydrolic type
action that pushes the monitor up when needed and can be pushed down
when out of use.

http://www.displaydevices.com/produc...-50/index.html

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

Unisaw A-100

Nova makes an undermount that places a monitor permanently
(all the time) under glass.

I can't point you to a Web page but Hafele handles the line.

UA100
longshot

http://www.displaydevices.com/produc...-50/index.html

that is cool. how much is it?

WillR

J M A R T I N wrote:
Greetings all,

I have a project where I am building a desk, I would like to be able
to put a flat screen monitor on the desktop which by itself is easily
accomplished.

However, I would like to be able to have the monitor disappear into
the desk when it is not being used via some type of hardware which I
am totally drawing a blank on.

Does anyone know if there is a website that has hardware that could
accomplish this task?

I can't even tell you what I am looking for because I don't know of a
name for it other than it seems like it would be a hydrolic type
action that pushes the monitor up when needed and can be pushed down
when out of use.

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

http://leevalley.com also has some lift devices, and other useful things
like vents in their hardware section. Their computer hardware section is
actually pretty good.

They also have a coffee table lift mechanism which might be adapted...

The flat screen monitors can throw off a lot of heat. If it might be
powered on when in the hidden position make sure you have airflow.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Avraham

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:40:04 -0500, WillR
wrote:

J M A R T I N wrote:
[...]

Be sure to look at the sewing machine lift from Lee Valley.

Hardware Label bubbalouie Woodworking 25 December 5th 04 06:48 PM
A pat on th e back for WoodWorkers Hardware and UPS Leon Woodworking 0 October 28th 04 08:30 PM
MDF Desk top Robert Rushing Woodworking 8 September 9th 04 03:55 AM
Cabinet Hardware question. Steve Woodworking 24 August 13th 04 08:02 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM