Mike W.

I truly don't want to get into a flame war... I understand that many have
had issues with Craftsman stuff over the past few years. Here are some of
my responses to the post. I just would like for someone to hear more
reasons 'why' instead of 'just because' as I found when I recently
researched:

You misread... its 'Craftsman'... not Crapsman. insert any locale specific
grammar complaint here

Then enjoy your $600+ saw of equal, greater, or lesser quality

I wouldn't touch mine with any kind of pole either since it's for cutting
wood. But thanks for the advice.

Another tool snob who just wants to try to rag another mans tools... I bet
you have a Corvette?

Do you have one of these? Have you tried one? Do you have any argument
other than it being branded by Craftsman yet made by someone else? Is that
enough? (Seriously, I dont know)

I have no passion for any of the arguments. I haven't been into woodworking
long enough. I'm not gonna tout Craftsman nor rag them. All I can say is
that my new Craftsman saw does the job as well as I could imagine any other
saw doing... I know I don't have a Unisaw, but its miles above my old POS.
And literally I cant imagine any saw cutting straighter or smoother (WWII)
than this one on the size of boards I'm cutting.

Thanks.
Mike W.

"WD" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:23:11 GMT, "VirgilJ"
wrote:

If it's Crapsman I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!

I just bought the $650 version of the Sears saw. It was on sale for $600.
got another 10% off for being a Craftsman Club member. Sears had also sent
me a flyer for 10% off during a preview day. They honored that also. total
price ended up being $485 plus tax. There was also a mail in rebate
included
for a 60 tooth blade, a dado blade, and a dado insert. Haven't seen those
yet, but they are on order. That seems like on hell of adeal to me!

After using the saw for a bit, I really like it.It's not a Unisaw, but
it's
plenty good enough for me. I've added a Incra TSIII system from my old saw
and a thin kerf Forrest WWII. With this setup it cuts smooth as glass and
is
very accurate. I tested it on some old 2" white oak and had no problems
with
power.

In my opinion this is definately the best "hybrid" saw on the market and
well worth considering.

Patriarch

Bob G. wrote in
:
snip
Honestly I do NOT see ANY Tablesaws being advertized in The
Classifieds... Ed saw one in 3 years,...lol Boy Those Damn Yankees
(not meant seriously) must buy and sell a lot more then the rest of
us...

But, strangely enough, three good cabinet saws were posted on the Bay Area
clubs' shared tools for sale email list in the last 45 days. Sadly, two of
these were posted due to the passing of their most recent owners. One of
them had that familiar, El Guapo look about its lower portions. (There was
a huge Aggazanni band saw, too.)

It caught my attention, but I believe only Mr. Eisan of Kanuckistan has
worked out a means of accomodating multiple Unisaws in a hobby workshop,
and he stretches the limits of the definition of 'hobby'. There is no room
in my garage/shop/studio for another large purchase, unless I can find a
new home for something a lot less useful. Certain tools are cowering in
hiding, fearing I may find the killer deal on a 'good lathe'.

Sometimes, the hunting is good. In New England, you can probably find old
hand tools that never were in great abundance elsewhere.

Patriarch
Bob G

=========snip snip snip ========
Another tool snob who just wants to try to rag another mans tools... I bet
you have a Corvette?

==========snip snip snip =========

I realize that you were NOT referring to me...

But you are "ragging" on guys who refer to Craftsman as Crapsman
when referring to various machines purchased at Sears.... I will
admit that I have used the word "crapsman" in this newsgroup when
referring to my Crapsman Lathe..BUT I have also used the term
Craftsman many times in this newsgroup when referring to my Floor
model drill press... Both terms are absolutely correct when used in
reference to those individual machines...

BUT I am curious as to why you "Bet" that the original poster(s)
drives a Corvette....are you saying that Corvette drivers are snobs..

If so you are as much off base as those who rag on ALL Craftsman tools
as nothing but junk....

Seriously I have 5 Corvettes in my garage along with a Chevelle...and
I do not think anyone ever referred to me as a snob.

Not denying the fact that some woodworkers and Corvette drivers are
snobs...... But in "general" the snobs are few and far between in both
groups..

Just had to reply..

Bb Griffiths....
I haul my lumber in my daily driver...a Dodge Dakota....

Mike W.

I didn't even want to reply but my fingers were compelled to keep typing as
an owner of one of the saws in question. I didn't want to say anything to
anyone spcifically. I was trying to use anecdotal types of sayings rather
than just coming right out and saying I wish people would give empirical
evidence or data about why they have issues with a particular model of
something rather than just saying 'Brand X is horrible' when there are
people involved in the conversation giving reasons why said brand may be a
great choice. I didn't mean to offend about the Vette or any other
statements and I took no offense to 'Crapsman', just trying (unsuccessfully)
to make a point.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Mike W.

"Bob G" wrote in message

=========snip snip snip ========
[...]

Bob G.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Mike W.

I took no offense Mike...and I was not attempting to "set you
straight".. I was just curious since I do drive vettes

Your point was a good one.. and you did.. make it ...

And I happen to agree...

Bob Griffiths