Scott Cadreau

Default Newbie - Covering a seam

I have a project that I need to butt two pieces of stock together but want
to stain the end product. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the
visibility of the seam?

Thanks,

Scott

Edwin Pawlowski

"Scott Cadreau" wrote in message
I have a project that I need to butt two pieces of stock together but want
to stain the end product. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the
visibility of the seam?

Thanks,

Scott

Put a strip of duct tape over it.

FriscoSoxFan

Not really...

However, if you match grain, are VERY precise with your cuts, and sand
really smooth, you might make it less noticable.

Scott Cadreau wrote:
I have a project that I need to butt two pieces of stock together but

want
to stain the end product. Is there anything I can do to eliminate

the
visibility of the seam?

Thanks,

Scott

You might be able to "fake it" by trying to use a combination of glaze
and stain. If you are really good with a glaze and a dry brush you
might be able to create some fake grain. This works OK on darker
finishes, but if you're talking about a light stain, I'm not sure you
can do much more than try to match the grain in alignment.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:21:52 -0700, "Scott Cadreau"
wrote:

I have a project that I need to butt two pieces of stock together but want
to stain the end product. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the
visibility of the seam?

Thanks,

Scott

Paul O.

"Scott Cadreau" wrote in message
I have a project that I need to butt two pieces of stock together but want
to stain the end product. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the
visibility of the seam?

Thanks,

Scott

Don't know if it'll work in your case, but I have taken a router bit,
possibly a v shaped bit(chamfer bit) and run along a seam to make it look
like part of the design.
--
Paul O.