Av8fan66

Default Tatry RAS

Hello,

As per my previous post, I have a Tatry RAS. I managed to get it for
free(it was being tossed out.) I have this at home and realized it has
a 3 phase motor.

Of course 3 phase wont work at home.

I have called around to local woodworking and motor repair shops and
no one seems to able to help.

What are my options???
Av8fan66

Sorry about the double post. My original post wasnt showing up for
some reason.

Charlie Self

Av8fan66 asks:

As per my previous post, I have a Tatry RAS. I managed to get it for

free(it was being tossed out.) I have this at home and realized it has
a 3 phase motor.

Of course 3 phase wont work at home.

I have called around to local woodworking and motor repair shops and
no one seems to able to help.

What are my options?

Phase convertor. It is absolutely unlikely you'll find a replacement
motor.

Duane Bozarth

Charlie Self wrote:

Av8fan66 asks:

As per my previous post, I have a Tatry RAS. I managed to get it for

free(it was being tossed out.) I have this at home and realized it has
a 3 phase motor.

Of course 3 phase wont work at home.

I have called around to local woodworking and motor repair shops and
no one seems to able to help.

What are my options?

Phase convertor. It is absolutely unlikely you'll find a replacement
motor.

Having failed in finding someone to rewind it locally...

In your previous posting a couple links to sites showing ways to build
your own static converter were given iirc.

W/ a static, you'll lose probably 1/3 of the rated power, but w/ the
size it is, that unlikely to be an major issue. It will take a pretty
sizable power feed, however.

A rotary will probably be $300 or so commercially. There are several
manufacturers, Ronk is one name that comes to mind. A google will find
many and you might possibly have some joy on eBay...

Av8fan66

Thank you all for the responses.

I called around localy for a rotary converter, and the prices were,
well, well beyond my means.

I did speak with one machine/woodworking supply that says that they
can supply a good single phase motor that should do just about
anything I nedd for approx $100.00 Cdn. I dont know if thats
expensive or not.

then I will have to enlist the help of someone that works in metal in
order to make the motor fit the cradle. I dont think the duct tape
will cut it in this case(j/K)
Duane Bozarth

Av8fan66 wrote:

Thank you all for the responses.

I called around localy for a rotary converter, and the prices were,
well, well beyond my means.

For a single machine, a properly sized stationary converter is also a
possibility and will be cheaper--how much, I'm not sure. As previously
noted, w/ 4+ hp to start w/, losing even a third will be more than
you're likely to ever need in a home shop...
Charlie Self

Check out:
http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/ph...converter.html

Static converters are far less costly, though not as versatile.