Av8fan66

Default Tatry Radial arm saw: Toronto

Hello,

I am new to the group and hope to learn a lot here.

I recently acquired a Tatry saw as above. Model # 1420.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Tatry saws. Google in
this case was not my friend.

I also need help in finding reasonably priced blades for this saw. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Rumpty

The only blade you need for a radial arm saw is the Forrest WW1 blade,
special order with the TCP - Triple Chip Profile. It's available only by
special order and calling Forrest directly at 800-733-7111 ext 314 and ask
for Charles. This blade cannot be ordered from the Forrest Website.

This blade is a true universal omni directional blade and works well in the
RAS.. The only other blade you will need is the Forrest Dado!

--

Rumpty

"Av8fan66" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am new to the group and hope to learn a lot here.

I recently acquired a Tatry saw as above. Model # 1420.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Tatry saws. Google in
this case was not my friend.

I also need help in finding reasonably priced blades for this saw. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Duane Bozarth

Rumpty wrote:

The only blade you need for a radial arm saw is the Forrest WW1 blade,

This blade is a true universal omni directional blade and works well in the
RAS.. The only other blade you will need is the Forrest Dado!

I'd still recommend a rip blade over a combination if one were to rip
much...
Duane Bozarth

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Rumpty wrote:

The only blade you need for a radial arm saw is the Forrest WW1 blade,

This blade is a true universal omni directional blade and works well in the
RAS.. The only other blade you will need is the Forrest Dado!

I'd still recommend a rip blade over a combination if one were to rip
much...

As in addition to, not solely instead of...
Rumpty

If you use a WW1 blade with the TCP profile there is no need for a rip blade
on the RAS. In my shop we have used this blade for over 20 years and it's
great for ripping on the RAS.

--

Rumpty

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Rumpty wrote:

The only blade you need for a radial arm saw is the Forrest WW1 blade,

This blade is a true universal omni directional blade and works well in

the
RAS.. The only other blade you will need is the Forrest Dado!

I'd still recommend a rip blade over a combination if one were to rip
much...

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Rumpty, dontknowanythingabouttools wrote:
rumpty wrote:

If you use a WW1 blade with the TCP profile there is no need for a rip

blade
on the RAS. In my shop we have used this blade for over 20 years and it's
great for ripping on the RAS.
--
Rumpty
"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
the

Can anyone tell me where I could find replacement parts for a Tatry 10"
Radial Arm Saw? i.e. The blade guard???