Tom Watson

Default Wood Textures In CAD Program.

I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood
textures into a CAD program.

The problem is described, along with a picture, on ABPW.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Will

Looked at your web page. Read your poetry.

You are obviously a darn good woodworker.

:-)

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
John

Tom,

I am a newbie to CAD so I cannot help you there but just wanted to let
you know that your projects on your website are quite impressive.

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
:

I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood
textures into a CAD program.

The problem is described, along with a picture, on ABPW.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Rick

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood
textures into a CAD program.

The problem is described, along with a picture, on ABPW.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Hi Tom,

I attached a rendering from TurboCad Pro V9 to a message on ABPW ... though
I doubt it will remain long with all the .RAR files being dumped there. It's
a big one ... I figured you needed plenty of detail.

I used the stock "maple" texture on a 3D piece and modified things slightly
(played with color, scaling, trunk center ... all part of the edit
properties screen).

Hope this helps,

Rick

S R

http://inventorparts.com/Textures/mapping.html

http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/Textures/index.htm

http://www.sdotson.com/tutorials.asp

Hope these help.

Stephen R.

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood
textures into a CAD program.

The problem is described, along with a picture, on ABPW.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Tom Watson

Thanks for the tips.

It looks like my basic problem was that I took the 96 x 96 pixel tile
size to be gospel, rather than a suggestion.

Having grabbed a couple of finished wood photos and tweaked them in
Photoshop to be about the size of the pieces that I wanted to apply
texture to, I'm heading in the right direction.

Now I need to scan in some samples that I make myself, using the real
wood with a real finish on it, and I should be able to tweak those
enough to work.

I've put another image of the same drawing on ABPW, using the wood
images I saved using the above technique.

Not there yet but getting there mo bettah.

Thanks again.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Tom Watson

They helped a lot.

Thanks.

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 16:04:00 GMT, "S R" no email @ no spam.com
wrote:

http://inventorparts.com/Textures/mapping.html

http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/Textures/index.htm

http://www.sdotson.com/tutorials.asp

Hope these help.

Stephen R.

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
.. .

I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood
textures into a CAD program.

The problem is described, along with a picture, on ABPW.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

S R

No problem.

Stephen R.

wrote:

http://inventorparts.com/Textures/mapping.html

http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/Textures/index.htm

http://www.sdotson.com/tutorials.asp

Hope these help.

Stephen R.

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
. ..

I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood
textures into a CAD program.

The problem is described, along with a picture, on ABPW.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

### micro-FAQ on wood # 029 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 January 17th 05 10:42 AM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 026 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 2 December 10th 04 08:51 AM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 013 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 June 28th 04 09:55 AM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 012 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 1 June 15th 04 01:04 PM