Tom Watson

Thanks for the tips.

It looks like my basic problem was that I took the 96 x 96 pixel tile
size to be gospel, rather than a suggestion.

Having grabbed a couple of finished wood photos and tweaked them in
Photoshop to be about the size of the pieces that I wanted to apply
texture to, I'm heading in the right direction.

Now I need to scan in some samples that I make myself, using the real
wood with a real finish on it, and I should be able to tweak those
enough to work.

I've put another image of the same drawing on ABPW, using the wood
images I saved using the above technique.

Not there yet but getting there mo bettah.

Thanks again.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)