John Moorhead

Default Query - Set up on TS for Drawer Lock joinery

Folks -

Okay - I seem to recall an easy way to make a sort of "locking rabbet" type
of joint for drawer construction on the TS. I DAGS'd but got a zillion hits
for router bits.... feh.... I *know* that....

I thought I saw something here - or there... about a simple, fast, accurate
set up to make the joints on a table saw.

Links? I'd sure appreciate some leads...

TIA

John Moorhead

Vic Baron

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
m...
Folks -

Okay - I seem to recall an easy way to make a sort of "locking rabbet"

type
of joint for drawer construction on the TS. I DAGS'd but got a zillion

hits
for router bits.... feh.... I *know* that....

I thought I saw something here - or there... about a simple, fast,

accurate
set up to make the joints on a table saw.

Links? I'd sure appreciate some leads...

TIA

John Moorhead

try this one:

http://www.workbenchmagazine.com/mai...LockRabbet.pdf

Vic

patrick conroy

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
m...

Folks -

Okay - I seem to recall an easy way to make a sort of "locking rabbet"

type
of joint for drawer construction on the TS. I DAGS'd but got a zillion

hits

I used Infinity's 55-512 bit:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...kitchenset.htm
http://www.infinitytools.com/PDF/DrawerLock.pdf

"Vic Baron" wrote in message

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
m...
Folks -

Okay - I seem to recall an easy way to make a sort of "locking rabbet"

type
of joint for drawer construction on the TS. I DAGS'd but got a zillion

hits
for router bits.... feh.... I *know* that....

I thought I saw something here - or there... about a simple, fast,

accurate
set up to make the joints on a table saw.

Links? I'd sure appreciate some leads...

TIA

John Moorhead

try this one:

http://www.workbenchmagazine.com/mai...LockRabbet.pdf

Vic

For drawers I'd think that you want the locking to resist pull parallel to
the side AND which covers the end of the side. This would work if you are
attaching a face on the drawer box but otherwise the joint will be visible
from the front.

-j