Harry Everhart

Default HELP - Soap for a Pressure Washer

I have a pressure washer. I would like to wash my painted house. It is
covered with T-111 pine siding painted with latex stain. What is the
best kind of soap to use to so this job?

Harry
butch

Most people use something called TSP or tri sodium phosphate. It is a
type of detergent or surfactant that does not foam much. Be careful
with pressure washers on wood - you can destroy your wood. Best to wet
the wood down with a hose, then spray on TSP solution and then get a
long handled bristle brush and scrub. Some dirt will stay on the
siding even if you spray with enough pressure to dig holes in the wood.
Brushing the wet area with a long handled bristle brush is important -
then power spray it off.

If you don't belive me about the brush - try doing a section without
brushing.

Ray V

Vinyl is Final !

I did my house last year with only an unpaid 'gopher'. Hanging siding is
easy, do it once and never worry again...

--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I have a pressure washer. I would like to wash my painted house. It is
covered with T-111 pine siding painted with latex stain. What is the
best kind of soap to use to so this job?

Harry

Don

"Ray V" wrote in message
Vinyl is Final !

I did my house last year with only an unpaid 'gopher'. Hanging siding is
easy, do it once and never worry again...

--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
---
"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I have a pressure washer. I would like to wash my painted house. It is
covered with T-111 pine siding painted with latex stain. What is the
best kind of soap to use to so this job?

Harry

Actually my vynil is gettin a bit dirty. Whats the best product to clean
that with?

Robert Bonomi

In article , Don wrote:

"Ray V" wrote in message
Vinyl is Final !

I did my house last year with only an unpaid 'gopher'. Hanging siding is
easy, do it once and never worry again...

--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
---
"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I have a pressure washer. I would like to wash my painted house. It is
covered with T-111 pine siding painted with latex stain. What is the
best kind of soap to use to so this job?

Harry

Actually my vynil is gettin a bit dirty. Whats the best product to clean
that with?

Dynamite!

More seriously, Water (a good 'wetting agent' helps) and some elbow grease.

"high pressure" is _not_ a necessity.

Wet things down thoroughly, scrub gently with a large brush, and rinse.

Note: be careful about spraying _UP_ thew wall. this can force water between
the siding boards, and into the wall.