Virgle Griffith

Default 1/2 sheet sander

What is your choice of 1/2 sheet sanders?
My old craftsman is sick.
Virgle

Mike Marlow

"Virgle Griffith" wrote in message
What is your choice of 1/2 sheet sanders?
My old craftsman is sick.
Virgle

None. I don't use 1/2 sheet sanders. If I did, I would look at DeWalt,
Makita, Porter Cable and even... Rigid. Some of the Rigid stuff actually
gets pretty good reviews. Having said that, I'm not sure if any of those
manufacturers even make a 1/2 sheet sander anymore.
--

-Mike-

Unquestionably Confused

on 3/1/2005 12:50 PM Mike Marlow said the following:
"Virgle Griffith" wrote in message
..
None. I don't use 1/2 sheet sanders. If I did, I would look at DeWalt,
Makita, Porter Cable and even... Rigid. Some of the Rigid stuff actually
gets pretty good reviews. Having said that, I'm not sure if any of those
manufacturers even make a 1/2 sheet sander anymore.

I just picked up a lightly used PC 505 ½ sheet for $55. They ARE still
in production and street price is around $170 or so plus tax and/or
shipping.

VERY solid machine with - so far as I've been able to detect - minimal
vibration transmitted to the operator. This feeling was mentioned in at
least of a couple of the reviews I read and I found it to be the case.

Sucker's solid as a rock and the pad will use either adhesive backed
sheets or clamped half sheets.

Suspect that if I were 30 years younger this would still be the ONLY
half sheet sander I'd ever have to buy.

Mike Marlow

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
. com...

I just picked up a lightly used PC 505 ½ sheet for $55. They ARE still
in production and street price is around $170 or so plus tax and/or
shipping.

Cool - thanks for posting that. The 1/2 sheet sander should make a better
tool for flattening out workpieces so it's good to see they're still out
there.

--

-Mike-

TeamCasa

Porter Cable 505 - have had one for many years - very satisfied with it's
performance.
Dave

"Virgle Griffith" wrote in message
What is your choice of 1/2 sheet sanders?
My old craftsman is sick.
Virgle

http://www.usenet.com

Virgle Griffith

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
Porter Cable 505 - have had one for many years - very satisfied with it's
performance.
Dave

"Virgle Griffith" wrote in message
What is your choice of 1/2 sheet sanders?
My old craftsman is sick.
Virgle

Thanks for all the replies.

Virgle

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:21:16 GMT, "Virgle Griffith"
wrote:

What is your choice of 1/2 sheet sanders?
My old craftsman is sick.
Virgle

porter cable is the "classic"