not a chance

Default hope he gets 20 years

Man Finds His Stolen Tools For Sale On eBay
Carpenter Buys Items, Contacts Police

POSTED: 11:09 pm EST February 28, 2005
UPDATED: 11:54 pm EST February 28, 2005

INDIANAPOLIS -- A carpenter learned that tools stolen from him were
being sold on an Internet auction site, prompting detectives to find
thousands of dollars worth of allegedly stolen items at an
Indianapolis man's garage, police said.

Police said they plan to arrest Christopher Lamont Hayden, 34, on
charges of theft, WRTV-TV in Indianapolis reported Monday.

The carpenter, John Guichelaar, said his tools were stolen, and that
he spent a week checking local lawn shops for them. Then, he said, he
found them on eBay.

WATCH: Man Finds His Missing Tools On Auction Site

"What I ended up doing was actually purchasing some of my tools so I
could receive them and prove that they were mine," Guichelaar said.

Guichelaar called police. An investigation led them to Hayden's home,
where they served a search warrant Monday.

Police said the garage contained thousands of dollars worth of common
and specialty tools that they believe were stolen. Authorities said
they believe Hayden sold stolen tools on eBay.

"This is the first case we ever had where stolen property was
solicited (on the Internet) and we found it and we had serial numbers
to make the identification marks," Indianapolis police Detective
Martha Richardson said.

Police said they believe the tools found Monday may have been taken
during more than 100 burglaries.

toller

Just curious, was "local lawn shops" your error or theirs?

BTW, if you think the theft of carpentry tools is a problem, climbing gear
is much worse. You have to leave your windows down at some places so they
are not broken in.

butch

Wonder what percentage of stuff sold on ebay is stolen. I suspect in
certain categories like high value and very portable items, the
percentage is significant.

Robatoy

In article , John
wrote:

Can you say RECIPROCATING SAW?

Belt sander.....80 grit. Slow speed. Start with the finger tips.

Tool theft is the lowest. To deprive a man/woman from the opportunity to
provide for his/her family is something only a bottom feeder would do.
They don't need help, they need the **** kicked out of them. Every time
they touch a tool that isn't theirs..a pain ensues. That's how you teach
difficult dogs.
20 years is too expensive. 5 Minutes with Robatoy is cheap.
njf>badger

butch wrote:
Wonder what percentage of stuff sold on ebay is stolen. I suspect in
certain categories like high value and very portable items, the
percentage is significant.

Probably, the local pawn shop always has a fine selection of power
tools, quite a few have marks where company imprints have been ground
away, all the shop requires is a name and address on their paperwork
when they buy stuff in, who's name and address doesn't matter.....

The local police don't even bother with tool thefts anymore, just give
you a crime number and a how to claim leaflet.
TeamCasa

Man Finds His Stolen Tools For Sale On eBay
Carpenter Buys Items, Contacts Police

He should have to work for the carpenter for a few weeks, using none of the
tools he boosted.

Then spend a few years in the grey bar hotel with Bubba.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Charlie Self

TeamCasa notes:
Man Finds His Stolen Tools For Sale On eBay
Carpenter Buys Items, Contacts Police

He should have to work for the carpenter for a few weeks, using none of
the
tools he boosted.

Then spend a few years in the grey bar hotel with Bubba.

Something needs to be done to reduce theft, and other crime, problems,
but I have to wonder if slapping someone in the crossbar hotel at a
cost of 40K or more per year is what is best. I don't know the answer,
but we're looking at a new regional jail here for $88.7 million bucks
with an ever-growing prison population. Sort of like sending Ms Stewart
to WV to spend five months behind bars...ridiculous and ridiculously
expensive. Guess who gets to pay? Can you say "You and I"?

RampRat

Saw Stop Tester Performance Tester. Use his fingers or other parts to
verify every Saw Stop actually works.
Rick

TeamCasa

Something needs to be done to reduce theft, and other crime, problems,
but I have to wonder if slapping someone in the crossbar hotel at a
cost of 40K or more per year is what is best. I don't know the answer,
but we're looking at a new regional jail here for $88.7 million bucks
with an ever-growing prison population. Sort of like sending Ms Stewart
to WV to spend five months behind bars...ridiculous and ridiculously
expensive. Guess who gets to pay? Can you say "You and I"?

Maybe go to the Mariposa County Jail. Tent City - Chain Gangs.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Charlie Self

TeamCasa notes:

Maybe go to the Mariposa County Jail. Tent City - Chain Gangs.

IIRC, it worked pretty well there. Might do as well in some other
areas, too.

patrick conroy

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
ups.com...

but we're looking at a new regional jail here for $88.7 million bucks
with an ever-growing prison population. Sort of like sending Ms Stewart

Here, the town of Broomfield, CO put up a new jail about 1/2 mile away from
a perfectly adequate facility. this facility has buildings with concrete
walls over 18" thick.

Would'a been the perfect prision facility.

Of course, it's Rocky Flats and a tad contamintaed - but I like to think of
that as simple (a) free heat and (b) a good deterrent.

Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:40:56 GMT, "patrick conroy"
wrote:

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...

but we're looking at a new regional jail here for $88.7 million bucks
with an ever-growing prison population. Sort of like sending Ms Stewart

Here, the town of Broomfield, CO put up a new jail about 1/2 mile away from
a perfectly adequate facility. this facility has buildings with concrete
walls over 18" thick.

Would'a been the perfect prision facility.

Of course, it's Rocky Flats and a tad contamintaed - but I like to think of
that as simple (a) free heat and (b) a good deterrent.

(c) prevents propagation of the problem through future generations.

Of course the downside is that it's a tad hard on the prison guards.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody

SIX PLANK HOPE CHEST J T Woodworking 6 January 30th 05 09:16 PM
Easement violated? ( I hope so) Mike Home Ownership 5 August 16th 04 09:36 PM
10 years ARM mortgage rate higher then 30 year fixed? vahania Home Ownership 1 May 8th 04 02:36 AM
Free: Hope I can help ESteveP Home Repair 0 November 24th 03 03:27 AM
gas boiler thermocouple Stoney UK diy 56 October 20th 03 09:02 PM