Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Mike

Default Easement violated? ( I hope so)

I posted this in a legal newsgroup and received no help so I thought
maybe someone here might be able to help.

We gave the electric company permission to come across our property to
supply electricity to four newly built houses beside us. The contract
specifically stated that only the electic co. had permission. We found
out a while ago that the local cable co. plus two satellite companies
have gone across our property to supply cable and satellite services
to our new neighbors. A call will be placed to the lawyer as soon as
he gets back from vacation. In the meantime, I'd like to try yo figure
out what in the heck is going on. It seems very strange that three
companies would illegally run their cables, etc. through someone elses
property without permission. Of course, the cable co. already did that
to us years ago.

Is it possible that by granting the electric co. the right to come
across our property, that other companies have permission as well? It
just doesn't make sense. I hope that they did do something illegal
though. Last time we got free cable (legally) out of it, this time I'm
hoping for free digital cable (which we should be getting anyway) or
satellite tv.

Gary

Why in the world does a "satellite" company need wires? Second issue
is why are you so anal about these wires? My bet is your "contract"
was a contract to humor you and the wires would have been run across
your property regardless, either through the contract or other legal
works.

(Mike) wrote in message . com...

We gave the electric company permission to come across our property to
supply electricity to four newly built houses beside us. The contract
specifically stated that only the electic co. had permission. We found
out a while ago that the local cable co. plus two satellite companies
have gone across our property to supply cable and satellite services
to our new neighbors.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:00:25 -0700, someone wrote:

Read the contract...

"Mike" wrote in message
I posted this in a legal newsgroup and received no help so I thought
maybe someone here might be able to help.

Have a lawyer that you PAID to work for you, look at the contract.
This is a very specific Q rather than one on genral legal principles,
so an attorney would want to get paid to give you advice that you can
rely upon.

-v.

Free: Hope I can help ESteveP Home Repair 0 November 24th 03 03:27 AM
Rescind public easement, is it possible??????? [email protected] Home Ownership 8 November 17th 03 10:21 PM
Revenge (I hope) Frisket UK diy 18 August 3rd 03 03:12 PM
Americans Skeptical of Bob Hope Death TOM KAN PA Home Repair 10 July 31st 03 11:57 AM