news.east.cox.net

Default Bosch 1617 VESPK Plunge Base

I have a Bosch Model 1617EVS router that came with my Jet TS (it was a
special). In looking at their model 1617EVSPK, it seems that if I can
locate a replacement plunge base, I will be able to use mine as a plunge.

I can't seem to locate where I can buy the plunge base separate from the
whole rouyer. I have tried Bosch OEM parts places, but am not having any
luck - any ideas?

Thanks.

hikinandbikin

news.east.cox.net wrote:
I have a Bosch Model 1617EVS router that came with my Jet TS (it was

special). In looking at their model 1617EVSPK, it seems that if I

can
locate a replacement plunge base, I will be able to use mine as a

plunge.

I can't seem to locate where I can buy the plunge base separate from

the
whole rouyer. I have tried Bosch OEM parts places, but am not having

any
luck - any ideas?

Thanks.

You can usually find this kind of stuff on EBAY. One sold on Feb 20 and
Feb 22 for 60 and 70 dollars respectively. This is a sense of
perspective.

Doug Miller

In article vCOUd.24503$7z6.19891@lakeread04, "news.east.cox.net" wrote:
I have a Bosch Model 1617EVS router that came with my Jet TS (it was a
special). In looking at their model 1617EVSPK, it seems that if I can
locate a replacement plunge base, I will be able to use mine as a plunge.

I can't seem to locate where I can buy the plunge base separate from the
whole rouyer. I have tried Bosch OEM parts places, but am not having any
luck - any ideas?

Here's where I got mine two years ago:
http://store.yahoo.com/boschpowertoo.../boraplba.html
but I didn't pay anywhere *near* that much for it. Yikes!

A Froogle search
http://www.google.com/froogle?q=ra1166
turned up this:
http://www.toolsforless.com/cgi-bin/....pl?SKU=RA1166
which is pretty close to what I paid in Jan or Feb '03.

Or you could try eBay. They pop up from time to time.

--
Regards,

B a r r y

news.east.cox.net wrote:
I have a Bosch Model 1617EVS router that came with my Jet TS (it was a
special). In looking at their model 1617EVSPK, it seems that if I can
locate a replacement plunge base, I will be able to use mine as a plunge.

I can't seem to locate where I can buy the plunge base separate from the
whole rouyer. I have tried Bosch OEM parts places, but am not having any
luck - any ideas?

Thanks.

Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=bosch+RA1166&btnG=Search

Plenty of places sell it, but it's not cheap. For not that much more,
you can get a kit with BOTH bases and another motor.

Barry
toller

I have tried to buy one on ebay, but they usually go for over retail.
IMHO you are better off just buying a plunge router and leaving the 1617 in
your table; especially since the plunge base does not a switch in the
handle. Almost as cheap, and certainly easier.

Rob

I had the exact same problem and found the plunge base was so expensive that
I bought a non variable speed 1617 with a plunge base for about $70 canadian
more than Bosch wanted for the base alone.

"B a r r y" wrote in message
. com...