toller

Default Do I want a M12V for my table??

Amazon has the H12V for $160 less a $25 coupon; and they throw in the
accessory package and a 1/4 sheet sander. Assuming the sander is worth $25,
the router costs $110! (we can always use another sander, can't we?)

I am currently using a Bosch 1617EVS in my table, and also have another 1617
and 1618. I don't particularly need another router, and am pretty happy
with the 1617EVS in the table. It doesn't work particularly will on big
cuts, requiring a dozen passes on a raised panel, but I don't do many big
cuts.

So, my question...
Is the M12V such a great table router that I shouldn't let this opportunity
go by to get a really cheap big router?

Kevin Craig

In article , toller
wrote:

Amazon has the H12V for $160 less a $25 coupon; and they throw in the
accessory package and a 1/4 sheet sander. Assuming the sander is worth $25,
the router costs $110! (we can always use another sander, can't we?)

Great price!

So, my question...
Is the M12V such a great table router that I shouldn't let this opportunity
go by to get a really cheap big router?

Whether it goes in your table or not, get it. It's a great router.

Kevin
Doug

I have that router, purchased the same way (I payed Amazon a bit more
and didn't get the sander). I must say that I am not entirely thrilled
with the router. It's massive and powerful, the motor purs and powers
through even the most demanding cuts I've put it through. however, the
thing is bulky, and the plung mechanism is very sticky and I've heard
that complaint before. The machine is a bit tricky to deal with in a
router table (i.e. difficult to get at the collet.) Anyway, I give it
a lukewarm review, and I don't exactly have the highest standards!! At
least that's what my friends tell me!

toller wrote:
Amazon has the H12V for $160 less a $25 coupon; and they throw in the

accessory package and a 1/4 sheet sander. Assuming the sander is

worth $25,
the router costs $110! (we can always use another sander, can't we?)

I am currently using a Bosch 1617EVS in my table, and also have

another 1617
and 1618. I don't particularly need another router, and am pretty

happy
with the 1617EVS in the table. It doesn't work particularly will on

big
cuts, requiring a dozen passes on a raised panel, but I don't do many

big
cuts.

So, my question...
Is the M12V such a great table router that I shouldn't let this

opportunity
go by to get a really cheap big router?

Unquestionably Confused

toller wrote:
Amazon has the H12V for $160 less a $25 coupon; and they throw in the
accessory package and a 1/4 sheet sander. Assuming the sander is worth $25,
the router costs $110! (we can always use another sander, can't we?)

I am currently using a Bosch 1617EVS in my table, and also have another 1617
and 1618. I don't particularly need another router, and am pretty happy
with the 1617EVS in the table. It doesn't work particularly will on big
cuts, requiring a dozen passes on a raised panel, but I don't do many big
cuts.

So, my question...
Is the M12V such a great table router that I shouldn't let this opportunity
go by to get a really cheap big router?

Nice deal. Where you find the $25 off coupon? I see a promo in their
latest catalog for $25 off on purchase of more than $200. Is that what
you're referring to? And the ¼ sheet sander?

Thanks,

Bob
Patriarch

"toller" wrote in
:

Amazon has the H12V for $160 less a $25 coupon; and they throw in the
accessory package and a 1/4 sheet sander. Assuming the sander is
worth $25, the router costs $110! (we can always use another sander,
can't we?)

I am currently using a Bosch 1617EVS in my table, and also have
another 1617 and 1618. I don't particularly need another router, and
am pretty happy with the 1617EVS in the table. It doesn't work
particularly will on big cuts, requiring a dozen passes on a raised
panel, but I don't do many big cuts.

So, my question...
Is the M12V such a great table router that I shouldn't let this
opportunity go by to get a really cheap big router?

Hand all of credit cards to SWMBO, and go for a walk. In the cold air.

Patriarch

Lew Hodgett

toller wrote:
Amazon has the H12V for $160 less a $25 coupon; and they throw in the
accessory package and a 1/4 sheet sander. Assuming the sander is worth $25,
the router costs $110! (we can always use another sander, can't we?)

Subject

If you want a table router, can you say 7518?

If you just want another router, grab it.

HTH

Lew
toller

Nice deal. Where you find the $25 off coupon? I see a promo in their
latest catalog for $25 off on purchase of more than $200. Is that what
you're referring to? And the ¼ sheet sander?

Yes, the $25 off on $200. I can always find another $40 to buy.
I got a Tool Crib circular that shows the 1/4 sheet sander as free with
purchase.

Pat Barber

Go here and read what John Lucas has to say about
this router....

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/menu2.htm