David

Default Finally used my Veritas Med. shoulder plane...

Wow, that sucker sure is sweet! 3 quick passes over a fat tenon and the
joint is good to go. (It was a Christmas present that I had asked for,
but hadn't used until today. Previously all I'd done is hone and polish
it. I had also taken a few swipes across some scrap, but there's
nothing like using it "for real" to get a perfect M/T fit)

Highly recommended.

Dave

Patriarch

David wrote in :

Wow, that sucker sure is sweet! 3 quick passes over a fat tenon and the
joint is good to go. (It was a Christmas present that I had asked for,
but hadn't used until today. Previously all I'd done is hone and polish
it. I had also taken a few swipes across some scrap, but there's
nothing like using it "for real" to get a perfect M/T fit)

Highly recommended.

Dave

Yeah, although mine tends to sit unused, while I have to blow through some
projects more suited to pockets screws and biscuits...

It's a very well designed and made handplane. Glad you like yours.

Patriarch
TeamCasa

"David" wrote in message
Wow, that sucker sure is sweet! 3 quick passes over a fat tenon and the
joint is good to go. (It was a Christmas present that I had asked for, but
hadn't used until today. Previously all I'd done is hone and polish it.
I had also taken a few swipes across some scrap, but there's nothing like
using it "for real" to get a perfect M/T fit)

Highly recommended.

Dave

After sharpening, I find I use it a great deal. Its almost always on my
bench.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
George

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:24:49 -0800, David wrote:

Wow, that sucker sure is sweet!

It sure is! I love mine.

Cutting a tenon just a scootch fat and dry fitting with that tool is
pure joy. I also have the large and chisel / bullnose version,
they're just as good.

Have fun,.
Barry

Even sweeter to use it as a shoulder plane and trim cheeks as required with
a LN rabbet block....