paul flint

Default joinery costs

Iam looking for a good sorce of imfo for build up labour rates for
making custom joinery from windows to stairs .I know that all
workshops are different ,and people do things in a different way ,but
all the same looking for some imfo that i can bulid on in spread sheet
format . Thanks
Edwin Pawlowski

"paul flint" wrote in message
om...
Iam looking for a good sorce of imfo for build up labour rates for
making custom joinery from windows to stairs .I know that all
workshops are different ,and people do things in a different way ,but
all the same looking for some imfo that i can bulid on in spread sheet
format . Thanks

I bill $100 an hour, four hour minimum. I don't to stairs but the Florida
stairman does.

mp

I bill $100 an hour, four hour minimum. I don't to stairs but the Florida
stairman does.

That's nothing. I bill $400/hr, three week minimum.

So far, no takers, but that's besides the point.

Will

Perhaps you should consider $5 an hour for a while and see if there are
any takers.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Lew Hodgett

paul flint wrote:
Iam looking for a good sorce of imfo for build up labour rates for
making custom joinery from windows to stairs .I know that all
workshops are different ,and people do things in a different way ,but
all the same looking for some imfo that i can bulid on in spread sheet
format . Thanks

There is an old formula that applies to almost any manufacturing
business that goes something like this:

30% Materials
30% Labor
30% Overhead
10% Profit
++++++++++++++++++
100% = Sell Price

Sometimes you need to massage the labor and material numbers a little bit.

For example, if the materials used have a lot of waste, might use only
10%-15% for materials.

It works for me.

YMMV

Lew

Will

For whatever it is worth... After years of working with manufacturers,
they still seem to be fond of the "two times" table -- and if not they
seem to fail...

+ Materials
+ Labor
+ Overhead
+ Contingency
_______________

X 2

= Selling price

i.e. 50% profit

Lew Hodgett wrote:
paul flint wrote:

[...]

Edwin Pawlowski

"Will" wrote in message
For whatever it is worth... After years of working with manufacturers,
they still seem to be fond of the "two times" table -- and if not they
seem to fail...

+ Materials
+ Labor
+ Overhead
+ Contingency
_______________

X 2

= Selling price

i.e. 50% profit

In my industry we are lucky to sell at 2X material and still have to pay the
labor, overhead, etc. Guess we are in the wrong business.

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
paul flint wrote:
Iam looking for a good sorce of imfo for build up labour rates for
making custom joinery from windows to stairs .I know that all
workshops are different ,and people do things in a different way ,but
all the same looking for some imfo that i can bulid on in spread sheet
format . Thanks

The 'safe' figure to use is "an arm and half a leg" grin

Any 'realistic' answer is going to have an uncertianty range of _at_least_
a factor of five, more likely ten. Which is so broad as to make it 'useless'.

labour rates

Judging by the spelling, you are in a Commonwealth country, so local
conditions will be key, but in Washington, DC casual labor retails at
$80/hour. Skilled goes higher.

Will

Well - I thought you had at least a reasonable answer. :-) I have
noticed that most people seem to forget that they are also charging for
the tools and transportation - not just labour and materials.

Last few car repairs I notice the shop rate varied form $65 to $105
depending on the shop and the overhead in terms of specialty equipment.

As long as you provide value for money people will pay your rate - no
matter how high or low.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Will" wrote in message

For whatever it is worth... After years of working with manufacturers,
they still seem to be fond of the "two times" table -- and if not they
seem to fail...

+ Materials
+ Labor
+ Overhead
+ Contingency
_______________

X 2

= Selling price

i.e. 50% profit

In my industry we are lucky to sell at 2X material and still have to pay the
labor, overhead, etc. Guess we are in the wrong business.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

B a r r y

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I bill $100 an hour, four hour minimum. I don't to stairs but the Florida
stairman does.

Unless you actually ask him a stair question, then he disappears.

Barry
Edwin Pawlowski

"B a r r y" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I bill $100 an hour, four hour minimum. I don't to stairs but the
Florida stairman does.

Unless you actually ask him a stair question, then he disappears.

Barry

He's probably busy in the kitchen roasting a chicken.

Building costs guidelines chris French UK diy 7 October 10th 04 10:15 PM
Rebuilding costs Lobster UK diy 5 October 9th 04 11:35 AM
How reduce heating costs this winter [email protected] Home Ownership 30 October 4th 04 07:12 PM
Reducing closing costs: Seller Concessions, point write-off? Matt Home Ownership 0 February 1st 04 12:47 AM
Help!!! which mortgage bank gives load including closing costs when buying a new home? Santa Home Ownership 0 July 6th 03 05:29 AM