Will

Well - I thought you had at least a reasonable answer. :-) I have
noticed that most people seem to forget that they are also charging for
the tools and transportation - not just labour and materials.

Last few car repairs I notice the shop rate varied form $65 to $105
depending on the shop and the overhead in terms of specialty equipment.

As long as you provide value for money people will pay your rate - no
matter how high or low.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Will" wrote in message

For whatever it is worth... After years of working with manufacturers,
they still seem to be fond of the "two times" table -- and if not they
seem to fail...

+ Materials
+ Labor
+ Overhead
+ Contingency

X 2

= Selling price

i.e. 50% profit

In my industry we are lucky to sell at 2X material and still have to pay the
labor, overhead, etc. Guess we are in the wrong business.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek