Peter Michaux

Default Influencial woodworkers

Hi,

I am wondering who are the most influencial woodworkers and
woodworking teachers in North America. I would like to check out
others that I don't know about. Who else belongs in this list

Frid
Klause
Krenov
Maloof

Thanks,
Peter
Edwin Pawlowski

"Peter Michaux" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am wondering who are the most influencial woodworkers and
woodworking teachers in North America. I would like to check out
others that I don't know about. Who else belongs in this list

Frid
Klause
Krenov
Maloof

Thanks,
Peter

Abram
Warner
Self
Unisaw 100
Leon
Luigi
Bunch of others

Unisaw A100

I'm not sure this fits your needs but, Jimmy Carter and Andy
Rooney. While neither wields a lot of influence in the
wooddorking whirled both may be considered influential.

UA-100, who would have said Jesus Christ but thinks the
whole thing was made up so he looked like a working
stiff/has a nicer resume'...

Leon

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message news:%t5Sd.10406
Abram
Warner
Self
Unisaw 100
Leon
Luigi
Bunch of others

LOL....

Chris Melanson

I would have to say in North America one of the most influential
furniture manufacturing names would have to be:
Leopold Stickley and his younger brother, John George Stickley who pretty
well brought the mission style of furniture into what we know it as today.

"Peter Michaux" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am wondering who are the most influencial woodworkers and
woodworking teachers in North America. I would like to check out
others that I don't know about. Who else belongs in this list

Frid
Klause
Krenov
Maloof

Thanks,
Peter

TeamCasa

My Dad
My Grandfather

Dave

"Peter Michaux" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am wondering who are the most influencial woodworkers and
woodworking teachers in North America. I would like to check out
others that I don't know about. Who else belongs in this list

Frid
Klause
Krenov
Maloof

Thanks,
Peter

http://www.usenet.com
AAvK

Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?

Yep.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Patriarch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:%t5Sd.10406$hU7.8721
@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

"Peter Michaux" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am wondering who are the most influencial woodworkers and
woodworking teachers in North America. I would like to check out
others that I don't know about. Who else belongs in this list

Frid
Klause
Krenov
Maloof

Thanks,
Peter

Abram
Warner
Self
Unisaw 100
Leon
Luigi
Bunch of others

JOAT is an inspiration to us all.

speedbuggy

But I don't think he was north american

"AAvK" wrote in message

Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?

Yep.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Robatoy

In article ,
max wrote:

Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?

Yup used up a lot of wood from the Sinai Forest.

Doug Winterburn

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:49:14 +0000, Jim Warman wrote:

The NGs own Tom Flamann (sorry if I spelled it wrong AGAIN, Tom).

....and don't forget Mike Hide.

- Doug

Jeff P.

"J T" wrote
Boob Veela, of course.

Oh boy. I was just getting a nice warm feeling with this thread and then
you had to go and ruin it all!
--
Jeff P.

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Noons

Peter Michaux wrote:
others that I don't know about. Who else belongs in this list

Dunbar

AAvK

But I don't think he was north american

Nope.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Tom Watson

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:41:15 GMT, "speedbuggy"
wrote:

But I don't think he was north american

If 'Merica is part of Everywhere.

And if God is Everywhere.

And if Jesus is God.

Then Jesus is 'Merican.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Swingman

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article
max wrote:

Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?

Yup used up a lot of wood from the Sinai Forest.

You mean ALL the wood for the Sinai Forest.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

max

Yeah, but I hear he has universal appeal.
max

But I don't think he was north american

Nope.

TaskMule

"max" wrote in message
Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?

Yes but his work was sub-standard and he had a poor work ethic.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message news:%t5Sd.10406
Abram
Warner
Self
Unisaw 100
Leon
Luigi
Bunch of others

LOL....

Doug Miller

In article , "TaskMule" wrote:

"max" wrote in message
Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?

Yes but his work was sub-standard and he had a poor work ethic.

What on earth are you talking about?

--
Regards,

Rob Mitchell

Peter Michaux wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering who are the most influencial woodworkers and
woodworking teachers in North America. I would like to check out
others that I don't know about. Who else belongs in this list

Frid
Klause
Krenov
Maloof

Thanks,
Peter

Frank Lloyd Wright

and for a different reason, Jimmy Carter.

Rob

Unisaw A100

Tom Watson wrote:
Then Jesus is 'Merican.

And a Republican judging by what we were told to think
following the outcome of the last 'lektion.

UA100
Unisaw A100

Rob Mitchell wrote:
Frank Lloyd Wright

Wright wasn't a woodworker.

UA100

AAvK

Wright wasn't a woodworker.

UA100

Of course he was! Both brothers were!

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Nova

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Rob Mitchell wrote:
Frank Lloyd Wright

Wright wasn't a woodworker.

UA100

Did you every do a Google search on Frank Lloyd Wright and notice how
many times the reference to structural problems comes up?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Tom Watson

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:56:41 -0800, "AAvK" wrote:

Wright wasn't a woodworker.

UA100

Of course he was! Both brothers were!

Orville and Wilbur were Floyd's brothers?

That 'splains a lot.

(watson - who's purty sher it 'splains a lot but ain't fer cher what.)

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:17:40 -0500, the inscrutable Nova
spake:

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Rob Mitchell wrote:
Frank Lloyd Wright

Wright wasn't a woodworker.

UA100

Did you every do a Google search on Frank Lloyd Wright and notice how
many times the reference to structural problems comes up?

Falling Water was spectacular. Taliesin West was interesting.
But his stained glasswork sucked (waaaay to fracking busy) and
his Usonian stuff too utilitarian and ugly. The more I read
about his work and see pictures of his buildings, the less I
find to worship about the guy.

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
TaskMule

"AAvK" wrote in message

Wright wasn't a woodworker.

UA100

Of course he was! Both brothers were!

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

FL Wright was not a woodworker, his tools were pencil, paper, and ruler

Leon

"TaskMule" wrote in message

"max" wrote in message
Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?

Yes but his work was sub-standard and he had a poor work ethic.

Actually everything he did was "Perfect".

Robatoy

In article GyuSd.109337$mt.107488@fed1read03,
"AAvK" wrote:

Wright wasn't a woodworker.

UA100

Of course he was! Both brothers were!

Yup.. wooden bicycles!
Dave in Fairfax

TaskMule wrote:
FL Wright was not a woodworker, his tools were pencil, paper, and ruler

Pencils, paper and rulers aren't made outta wood?

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Rob Mitchell

Unisaw A100 wrote:
Rob Mitchell wrote:

Frank Lloyd Wright

Wright wasn't a woodworker.

UA100

Fair enough, but he developed a style that the OP might be interested
in. And are you *certain* that he never made *anything* out of wood????
..

Rob

AAvK

Yup.. wooden bicycles!

I am sure both brothers did a ton of woodwork for many years, considering
all the wooden aeroplane frames and who knows whatever else...