Robatoy

Default FeinTurboII vs FestoolCT22 suck off.

I already had a CT22 vacuum on the go at my shop, but needed an
additional set-up for installations.
I had bought the CT22 in a kit with the Festool Rotex sander and I am
very pleased with the results.

I also had a Ridgid 6"ROS (R2610) (Metabo) on the go and modified it
with a Mirka 19-hole pad so I could use the Abranet sanding system.
When hooked up to the Festool CT22 vac, it makes a wonderful system.
Bottom line... I needed another quality vac.

What was I to do? Another CT22? Outside of a kit purchase, that's not
cheap. So I visited a friend of mine ( http://countereffects.ca/) who
has a few Fein systems on the go and is very happy with the results he
is getting. He's had them for years and no problems.
Fein had a deal on a Turbo II vac.

Make a long story short, That Fein is one serious vacuum. It has a much
bigger capacity than the CT22 for less money. (Your deals may vary).
It also sucks better. The CT22 is still an excellent unit, but if this
is going to be your first quality sucker, buy the Fein.

I am thinking of a way to do a 'suck off'.
Maybe a piece of clear vacuum tube (Central vac style) and a ping-pong
ball. Fein on one end, Festool on the other.

Any other diabolical tests any one can think of?

The Fein is also a wet-vac...the Festool is not.

My Saturday rant..off to work.

0¿0

Rob