Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
TrailRat

Default Inlaying metal

How does one go about inlaying metal into wood. I'm talking about
metals like alu, brass, gold and silver. I was thinking it would be as
easy as simply melting the metal over a bunsen burner in a crucible and
pouring it in carved channels on the wood. Would this work? What would
the effect be on the wood itself? I would like method that would allow
the metal to be flush with the wood when finished.

For gold and silver I thought of gilt but it doesn't produce the right
finish for me.

Thanks for any help.

TR

Inlaying metal TrailRat Metalworking 17 February 20th 05 07:29 PM
Attaching wooden lats to a metal balcony rail Andy Woodworking 1 February 2nd 05 11:45 AM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
metal tubes Allan Adler Metalworking 7 September 26th 03 04:30 AM
Drywall screws for metal studs prone to strip, please help. andy everett Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 07:10 PM