Mac

Default installing glass

Hi,
About 15 or so years ago I made a cabinet for a friend. The glass was
broken when moving to another house. I took it home to repair it today and
when taking the broken glass out it looked as if I had used some kind of
sealer between the glass and frame. I don't remember doing this but it's
been a long time and memory fails me.
Any one have an idea what is used for this?
Thanks for any input...Mac

Leon

"Mac" wrote in message
Hi,
About 15 or so years ago I made a cabinet for a friend. The glass was
broken when moving to another house. I took it home to repair it today and
when taking the broken glass out it looked as if I had used some kind of
sealer between the glass and frame. I don't remember doing this but it's
been a long time and memory fails me.
Any one have an idea what is used for this?
Thanks for any input...Mac

Clear silicone caulk works well IF it will not be used on a mirror.

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Mac wrote:
Hi,
About 15 or so years ago I made a cabinet for a friend. The glass was
broken when moving to another house. I took it home to repair it today and
when taking the broken glass out it looked as if I had used some kind of
sealer between the glass and frame. I don't remember doing this but it's
been a long time and memory fails me.
Any one have an idea what is used for this?

"Window caulking", maybe? To make a water-tight seal.

Or maybe you didn't want the glass to rattle.

loutent

Hi Mac,

Probably silicone. I just made a pair of oak doors
with glass "panels" for a kitchen cabinet. I hate
it when glass rattles in the door, so I ran a
thin bead of silicone around the edge of the glass.
Then I covered that with some stained oak strips
so that it looks nicely finished when the door
is open.

Lou

In article , Mac
wrote:

Hi,
About 15 or so years ago I made a cabinet for a friend. The glass was
broken when moving to another house. I took it home to repair it today and
when taking the broken glass out it looked as if I had used some kind of
sealer between the glass and frame. I don't remember doing this but it's
been a long time and memory fails me.
Any one have an idea what is used for this?
Thanks for any input...Mac

Installing cat flap in glass door panel Kalico UK diy 4 December 6th 04 09:05 PM
Glueing Glass xavier UK diy 17 November 16th 04 05:29 PM
Installing Lexan in lieu of glass in a window KublaiKhan Home Repair 16 March 16th 04 03:04 PM
Cutting window glass Charles H. Buchholtz Home Repair 9 November 14th 03 02:13 AM
Shower Glass Story Steve Gontarek UK diy 7 November 1st 03 10:34 AM