hylourgos

Default What would you pay for a jointer fence?

I'm rebuilding an 8" Vega jointer fence that is out of production. Vega
has offered to machine a new one for me, but at a cost of $275. Does
that seem steep? I don't mean for the cost of machining--that doesn't
seem like an unfair price to me--but are there aftermarket jointer
fences? Has anyone made their own? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Unisaw A100

hylourgos wrote:
I'm rebuilding an 8" Vega jointer fence that is out of production. Vega
has offered to machine a new one for me, but at a cost of $275. Does
that seem steep?

Absolutely not when you consider an aftermarket table saw
fence will set you back more than that in most cases.

I don't mean for the cost of machining--that doesn't
seem like an unfair price to me--but are there aftermarket jointer
fences?

None that I know of.

Has anyone made their own?

I don't know.

Any ideas?

The best I can come up with is seeing a 60's vintage
Craftsman/King Seeley fence that was used on an
older Delta jointer.

UA100

I would jump all over that...that is a great and fair price...Damn man
what do you want!
Mike

hylourgos

I know, I know. It's just when you get the jointer for $90, you start
getting greedy, and looking at a fence that costs more than the jointer
seems a crime.

Criminally yours,

why you should be horse whipped....man did you ever score or
what!!!Good deal...major gloat.....good luck with your jointer...do you
want to sell it? ha ha
Mike

Robert Bonomi

In article . com,
hylourgos wrote:
I know, I know. It's just when you get the jointer for $90, you start
getting greedy, and looking at a fence that costs more than the jointer
seems a crime.

Think of it like a boat, or a woman.

The rigging costs more than what's under it.