Jim Bailey

Default Yet another table saw blade question

I'm looking for a combination (approx 50 tooth) standard 10" blade but I'd
like to have a blade that is ground ATB with a raker. I like being able to
make a partial through cut (like a small tenon) and not have to deal with
the 'V' left by a regular ATB.

I believe CMT makes one but I don't recall seeing any others. Any
experiences or reasons why they don't seem to be very popular ?

jim

Leon

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for a combination (approx 50 tooth) standard 10" blade but I'd
like to have a blade that is ground ATB with a raker. I like being able
make a partial through cut (like a small tenon) and not have to deal with
the 'V' left by a regular ATB.

I believe CMT makes one but I don't recall seeing any others. Any
experiences or reasons why they don't seem to be very popular ?

IIRC my old Systematic blade was made that way. 50 teeth combo with ATB and
the 5th tooth was a raker. It still made V marks. You might call Forrest.
They will make a blade the way you want.

Or use a router.

Patriarch

"Jim Bailey" wrote in
:

I'm looking for a combination (approx 50 tooth) standard 10" blade but
I'd like to have a blade that is ground ATB with a raker. I like
being able to make a partial through cut (like a small tenon) and not
have to deal with the 'V' left by a regular ATB.

Find a local sharpening service, and ask them for help. Mine built one,
60T, with a flat top grind, for just such a purpose. Maybe $65. As
recommended by Yueng Chan, "Classic Joints with Power Tools".

I use it for keyed miter joints in boxes and picture frames.

Patriarch
Mark Howell

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for a combination (approx 50 tooth) standard 10" blade but I'd
like to have a blade that is ground ATB with a raker. I like being able

make a partial through cut (like a small tenon) and not have to deal with
the 'V' left by a regular ATB.

I believe CMT makes one but I don't recall seeing any others. Any
experiences or reasons why they don't seem to be very popular ?

jim

I have a 40T ATB/raker Ridge Carbide/Inline Industries blade. Cut
quality is every bit as good as my WWII.