Jeff P.

Default More Website Info...

If a few of you that offered advise on my website would do me the favor of
checking back on it again and dropping me a line with your comments I'd be
forever in your debt. Specifically, check out the "Shop" page and click on
the link to take you to my image gallery. I got rid of the drop down menu
and created a gallery instead. It's still a popup window but it's only ONE
window and you can view all the overview photos from there. It was a real
pain in the but to make so I hope you like it. Please, please, please like
it!!!!

Thanks all,
--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

BobS

Nope......ain't gonna make it Jeff. To pristine and besides, "Real men
don't have neat shops..."

You need to spread some sawdust around, leave a few tools out, a pile of
cutoff's in the corner - make it looked like it's been lived in. I've been
in ER's that aren't that tidy.....!

Oh yeah....... nice job on the web design - looks real good.

Bob S.

"Jeff P." wrote in message
[...]

Jeff P.

"BobS" wrote
You need to spread some sawdust around, leave a few tools out, a pile of
cutoff's in the corner - make it looked like it's been lived in. I've

been
in ER's that aren't that tidy.....!

LOL, actually, I'm doing a little 360 degree quicktime VR type thingy and
I'm absolutely NOT going to clean it first.

--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

Mike Marlow

"BobS" wrote in message
Nope......ain't gonna make it Jeff. To pristine and besides, "Real men
don't have neat shops..."

Yeahbut, he's been too busy working on the web site to make a mess in the
shop.

--

-Mike-

Dave Balderstone

In article , Jeff P.
wrote:

If a few of you that offered advise on my website would do me the favor of
checking back on it again and dropping me a line with your comments I'd be
forever in your debt. Specifically, check out the "Shop" page and click on
the link to take you to my image gallery. I got rid of the drop down menu
and created a gallery instead. It's still a popup window but it's only ONE
window and you can view all the overview photos from there. It was a real
pain in the but to make so I hope you like it. Please, please, please like
it!!!!

So far so good... this is kind of a running commentary.

The popup window is fine. On a cable connect your site loads quickly
and cleanly, and nothing is getting blocked by privoxy (that's a Good
Thing).

Pens... I hate animated "under contruction" gifs. Grrr.

Oops... Grammar Police time. "These are my mother and father" is not
correct.

"These photos are of my mother and father", "These beautiful people are
my mother and father", "Here are my mother and father", or such would
read correctly.

Your love for them comes through loud and clear.

I reallly like your links page. Well done.

djb

--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green
Jeff P.

"Dave Balderstone" wrote
The popup window is fine. On a cable connect your site loads quickly
and cleanly, and nothing is getting blocked by privoxy (that's a Good
Thing).

Good thing. I tested it on my auxilary Roadrunner dialup line and I was
pretty impressed with how fast it loaded. I got some good advise on a new
technique to help optimize photos and I ended up able to make the pictures a
lot larger yet kept the same file size.

Oops... Grammar Police time. "These are my mother and father" is not
correct.

Not a problem. I was never sure if it was correctly worded or not. My kids
are only in 1st grade and Kindergarten so I haven't had to re-learn all that
grammar stuff yet! I really, REALLY appreciate the help in that regard.

Pens... I hate animated "under contruction" gifs. Grrr.

hehehehehehe. I hate em too. I even tried making a really gaudy one of my
own to really peeve everyone. A year ago I put up a really awful web page
for a friend's birthday. Man was it terrible. My aim was just to **** him
off. I think it worked. Here's a link to it.
www.sawdustcentral.com/bday/bday.html . And whatever you do, DON'T offer
feedback on THAT site. Make sure your speakers are on. I found the most
annoying MIDI happy B-day I could. Don't forget to play with the sliders on
the left to change the background color. Remember, in IE (at least in
Win-doze) you just hit the escape key to stop GIF's from animating.
--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

in message tone.ca...
In article , Jeff P.
wrote:

[...]

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Jeff P. wrote:
hehehehehehe. I hate em too. I even tried making a really gaudy one of my
own to really peeve everyone. A year ago I put up a really awful web page
for a friend's birthday. Man was it terrible. My aim was just to **** him
off. I think it worked. Here's a link to it.
www.sawdustcentral.com/bday/bday.html . And whatever you do, DON'T offer
feedback on THAT site. Make sure your speakers are on. I found the most
annoying MIDI happy B-day I could. Don't forget to play with the sliders on
the left to change the background color.

Jeez... that got my dog howling. I've never seen her react that way before.
Although, I have to say, I certainly understood it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Silvan

Jeff P. wrote:

www.sawdustcentral.com/bday/bday.html . And whatever you do, DON'T offer
feedback on THAT site. Make sure your speakers are on. I found the most
annoying MIDI happy B-day I could. Don't forget to play with the sliders

Hrm. In Konqueror, the sliders affect the associated background color if I
click anywhere except the slider itself. If I try to drag the slider up an
down, I get a "trying to drag something (eg. a file) somewhere else" cursor
with a big circle/slash on it to indicate that this something can't be
dragged. I tried it with Mozilla, and the sliders don't do anything at
all. Neither one of them played any MIDI either.

Must be broken Microsoft-only Internet Exploder extensions or something.

Anyway, I didn't dig into every cranny, but I looked at the shop tour thing,
and it's dandy as far as I can tell. I agree with the others that your
shop is obviously ENTIRELY too clean. It looks like you must work out
there in a Tyvek suit. Make some mess already. Sheesh. Can we say
obsessive/compulsive boys and girls?

Wait. I found some dust. You better get out your cleaning supplies and
tidy that up immediately, so you don't hurt yourself. There's dust on the
base of your equisite Crapsman DP. Lookee there, see? Dust. (Do you hate
your T-slot table as much as I do?)

Um, "The dual dust ports make routing routing an almost dust / chip free
event." If you say so say so.

Not sure what everybody is whining about on color correction. I didn't see
anything that jumped out at me. Then again, I'm not nearly as anal as
people who do this crap for a living either.

pain in the but to make so I hope you like

it.**Please,*please,*please*like
it!!!!

No, it sucks. Worst pile of crap I've ever seen. Send all those big ass
machines to me for proper disposal and I will show you how to take pictures
of a real shop in return.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Jeff P.

"Silvan" wrote
Must be broken Microsoft-only Internet Exploder extensions or something.

Yeah, I guess it is. Back then I hadn't tested it in anything but IE. I
know better now. Just now I tested it in Opera and Netscape and it doesn't
work in either.

Wait. I found some dust. You better get out your cleaning supplies and
tidy that up immediately, so you don't hurt yourself.

WHERE? Damn it all, I'll be right back.... OK, false alarm. It's still
clean.

Um, "The dual dust ports make routing routing an almost dust / chip free
event." If you say so say so.

Darn, darn, I I didn't didn't notice notice that that. There, it's fixed.

No, it sucks. Worst pile of crap I've ever seen.

BIG SIGH...I guess I'll go have another beer, or two, or three, but who's
counting?

--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

damian penney

Jeff P. wrote:
If a few of you that offered advise on my website would do me the

favor of
checking back on it again and dropping me a line with your comments

I'd be
forever in your debt.

Very nice site, only pointer I have is to make the logo top left link
back to the home page and if you don't want to be plagued by spam I'd
reconsider putting a direct mailto link as the contact. I used a little
bit of javascript to fool the spam bots on my contact us page (this
changes the url of the first link on the page) so the spam bots see
(gubmints spam black hole) but regular users see the real
email address.

script language="javascript"

window.onload = getEmail;
function getEmail()
{
var beginning = 'accounting';
var at = '@';
var end = 'textads.biz';

document.links[1].href='mailto:' + beginning + at + end;
}
/script
a "Accounts/a

Of course if folks don't have javascript enabled they are out of luck
but it got so bad that drastic times call for drastic measures.

Jeff P.

Thanks Damien.

Good idea regarding lining the logo. I'm surprised that I've not been
getting a bunch of spam from the website address. My host does have a spam
filter running, however, so that may help. Even though, I may still do what
you say.

--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"damian penney" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jeff P. wrote:
[...]

Mike Marlow

"Jeff P." wrote in message
If a few of you that offered advise on my website would do me the favor of
checking back on it again and dropping me a line with your comments I'd be
forever in your debt. Specifically, check out the "Shop" page and click

on
the link to take you to my image gallery. I got rid of the drop down menu
and created a gallery instead. It's still a popup window but it's only

ONE
window and you can view all the overview photos from there. It was a real
pain in the but to make so I hope you like it. Please, please, please

like
it!!!!

Jeff - I like it a lot. So much nicer for the viewer.
--

-Mike-

Larry Bud

Jeff P. wrote:
If a few of you that offered advise on my website would do me the

favor of
checking back on it again and dropping me a line with your comments

I'd be
forever in your debt. Specifically, check out the "Shop" page and

click on
the link to take you to my image gallery. I got rid of the drop down

menu
and created a gallery instead. It's still a popup window but it's

only ONE
window and you can view all the overview photos from there. It was a

real
pain in the but to make so I hope you like it. Please, please,

please like
it!!!!

Now we're talking. Couple other things: If I click on your machines
in the overhead view, each one pops up a DIFFERENT window. To rectify
that (if you want), you need to pass it a window name. You have the
code already in place, just fill in the empty string, i.e.:

instead of

onClick="MM_openBrWindow
'bandsaw.html','','scrollbars=yes,width=625,height =400')"

Do this:

onClick="MM_openBrWindow('bandsaw.html','jeffpopup ','scrollbars=yes,width=625,height=400')"

Now we just need to teach you some color correction in Photoshop and
you can have my job!

Larry Bud

Jeff P. wrote:
If a few of you that offered advise on my website would do me the

favor of
checking back on it again and dropping me a line with your comments

I'd be
forever in your debt.

Jeff, see the following on some really quick color correction. This is
using the "Levels" command in Photoshop

http://www.areddy.net/misc/color_correction.html

Larry Bud

Thanks for the reply Larry but on all 3 of the monitors in my house
the
after picture looks way overexposed.

General settings should be 50% brightness, 100% contrast. ARe they PCs
or Macs?

Larry Bud

Larry Bud wrote:
Thanks for the reply Larry but on all 3 of the monitors in my

house
the
after picture looks way overexposed.

General settings should be 50% brightness, 100% contrast. ARe they

PCs
or Macs?

Jeff, go here and see if your monitor is adjusted properly.

http://www.astropix.com/HTML/J_DIGIT/MON_STEP.HTM