Jay Pique

Default Table Saw.

So I think I might want to be a cabinetmaker, but I'm really just a
construction laborer right now. Kind of sucks but I really like
working with my hands and my wood so I figure why not try to get paid
for your efforts? In any event, I had a whole persuasive argument
prepared on the relative benefits of autonomy but now I've forgotten
it in favor of something unknown but less memorable.

donotboreme.
Jay Pique

Jay Pique wrote:

So I think I might want to be a cabinetmaker, but I'm really just a
construction laborer right now. Kind of sucks but I really like
working with my hands and my wood so I figure why not try to get paid
for your efforts? In any event, I had a whole persuasive argument
prepared on the relative benefits of autonomy but now I've forgotten
it in favor of something unknown but less memorable.

Also, I want to be a TS I can grown into but I can also use in the
field for a long time to come.

JP
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

Also, I want to be a TS I can grown into but I can also use in the
field for a long time to come.

JP

You must be very short. If you want to grow into it, a cabinet saw is your
best choice as it will protect you from the elements and has the most room
inside.

Mr Fixit eh

Jay says, Also, I want to be a TS I can grown into

It's gonna be really hard. Getting wired up for electricity will be
quite shocking. You will have to learn to be very cutting.

Sorry,
Mr Fixit

Not a table saw, but a system capable of precision cuts - look at the
Festool. It is one of the few setups that excels in both the
construction and cabinetmaking fields.

Not a table saw, but a system capable of precision cuts - look at the
Festool. It is one of the few setups that excels in both the
construction and cabinetmaking fields.

Leon

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

Also, I want to be a TS I can grown into but I can also use in the
field for a long time to come.

JP

You must be very short. If you want to grow into it, a cabinet saw is
your best choice as it will protect you from the elements and has the most
room inside.

No you misunderstood. He needs smaller than a cabinet saw as he wants to
grown in to it. It will need to be a tight fit.

Jay Pique

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

Also, I want to be a TS I can grown into but I can also use in the
field for a long time to come.

JP

You must be very short. If you want to grow into it, a cabinet saw is your
best choice as it will protect you from the elements and has the most room
inside.

Maybe one of those monster straight line rip saws would be best. I
did just crack 200 pounds here on earth.

What I think I want is a saw that can be tuned to do fine work, but
will eventually be relegated to field work - ie. ripping hardwood
flooring to width when needed. I understand that it's likely to need
frequent attention, but I figure it's a good learning tool in that
I'll be forced to learn how to maintain it. Which will make it that
much more fun to graduate to a cabinet saw, and eventually dedicated
rip/panel/crosscut saws.

I'd like to keep cost under $400, but again, it's value that's
important.

JP
*************************
Money matters.
Kevin

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

What I think I want is a saw that can be tuned to do fine work, but
will eventually be relegated to field work - ie. ripping hardwood
flooring to width when needed.

So you need a portable? Maybe if you can narrow it down to which class of
table saw you are considering and ask about a few specific models everyone
will be able to give you more focused advise.

Kevin in Bakersfield

patrick conroy

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

So I think I might want to be a cabinetmaker, but I'm really just a
construction laborer right now.

Hmmm - you'd give up "bammin' sh*t together with a kick a$$ framing nailer
on bump-fire mode" for "hoidy-toidy resawing veneers"?