Dave

Default Cabinet door template

Does anyone know where I can get some cabinet door templates free on the
web? I am looking for the standard Cathedral design with a slight curve
to them. I know I could order them for $70 - $80 from MLCS or
Sommerfeld Tools but was looking for just templates so I could trace
them and cut them myself.

Thanks,
Dave

loutent

Hi Dave,

MLCS has just the template drawings for
$14.95 for the set.

Lou

In article , Dave
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get some cabinet door templates free on the
web? I am looking for the standard Cathedral design with a slight curve
to them. I know I could order them for $70 - $80 from MLCS or
Sommerfeld Tools but was looking for just templates so I could trace
them and cut them myself.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave

I was hunting for the same thing a couple of months ago. go to a
art/hobby store and get a large tablet of graph paper (18"x24") and then
you can make full size drawings, and cut your templetes from these. took
me 1/2 a day to draw and cut templates. now i have templates for doors
from 8" wide to 24" wide in 1/2 inch increments, good luck

Dave wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get some cabinet door templates free on the
web? I am looking for the standard Cathedral design with a slight curve
to them. I know I could order them for $70 - $80 from MLCS or
Sommerfeld Tools but was looking for just templates so I could trace
them and cut them myself.

Thanks,
Dave

Mike Marlow

"Dave" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get some cabinet door templates free on the
web? I am looking for the standard Cathedral design with a slight curve
to them. I know I could order them for $70 - $80 from MLCS or
Sommerfeld Tools but was looking for just templates so I could trace
them and cut them myself.

Thanks,
Dave

Why not just download pictures of a couple of different designs you like and
lay them out by hand until you hit the proportions you like? You'll have
the pictures to go by to suggest proportions, etc. Use common household
items to achieve the curves - anything from common serving plates to coffee
cans to a simple compass. It's a matter of striking pleasing proportions,
not a matter of hitting some exact layout. Once you get something you like,
cut it out of a piece of cardstock if you need, and you'll have a template
ready to go. Sure, it takes a little more time than downloading a set of
plans, but it's yours in the end - your design, your efforts and your
accomplishment. Once you decide on the radius you want you don't even need
the template - just layout the tangent points on the stock and you're good
to go. Keep a notebook where you record your measurements for a particular
design and you can reproduce it anytime, at will.
--

-Mike-