Joseph E. Shea, Jr.

Default SOLID CORE DOOR BENCH PLANS

Does anyone know of plans available on the internet to build a bench using a
solid core door as a bench top?
Thank You in advance,
Joe Shea

1/27/2005
17:34 EST

Dave Balderstone

In article , Joseph E. Shea, Jr.
wrote:

Does anyone know of plans available on the internet to build a bench using a
solid core door as a bench top?

Please turn off the HTML.

I built mine without plans...

http://www.balderstone.ca/workbench/

But then, I build pretty much everything without plans...

joeD

Dave, is that tongue and groove flooring on the top? I tried looking for
specifics on your web site but got
scared off. }:^)

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...

--
"The thing about saying the wrong words is that A, I don't notice it, and
B,

Dave Balderstone

In article , joeD wrote:

Dave, is that tongue and groove flooring on the top?

Yes, it's maple T&G. I broke the glaze on the door with 80 grit paper
(I recommend an unfinished door if you have a choice) then both glued
and toe-nailed the T&G.

On pic 4 http://www.balderstone.ca/workbench/pages/page_4.html you
can see the board nailed to the edge of the door that I used to fit the
T&G against. I used 2" finishing nails angled through the top corner of
the tongue.

I tried looking for specifics on your web site but got scared off.

One of these days I'll get around to doing a proper index.

djb

Mike Marlow

In article , joeD wrote:

Dave, is that tongue and groove flooring on the top?

Yes, it's maple T&G. I broke the glaze on the door with 80 grit paper
(I recommend an unfinished door if you have a choice) then both glued
and toe-nailed the T&G.

I want to know what the h*ll all those handsaws are doing on the wall!

--

-Mike-

Dave Balderstone

In article , Mike Marlow
wrote:

I want to know what the h*ll all those handsaws are doing on the wall!

The watusi.

Steve Decker

Joseph E. Shea, Jr. wrote:
Does anyone know of plans available on the internet to build a bench
using a solid core door as a bench top?
Thank You in advance,
Joe Shea

1/27/2005
17:34 EST

Here's a really nice one:

http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/wwrkbnch.html

The above is a pay plan. It also appeared in Woodsmith long about 1995.
You might be able to find a back copy.

If you can't, let me know and I'll dig mine out for you.

I made one of these benches a few years back.

Very sturdy. Very inexpensive.

Steve
Mike Marlow

"Joseph E. Shea, Jr." wrote in message
Does anyone know of plans available on the internet to build a bench using

solid core door as a bench top?
Thank You in advance,
Joe Shea

1/27/2005
17:34 EST

Kindly post in text, not html. Here's just one site I turned up with a
simple google search...

http://www.plansnowinprint.com/shopfurn.html

Google can be your friend...

--

-Mike-

patrick conroy

SOLID CORE DOOR BENCH PLANS
Does anyone know of plans available on the internet to build a bench using

a solid core door as a bench top?

It's called the Weekend Workbench.
http://www.woodsmithstore.com/weekendwkbench.html

I did it/have it. It's OK to get you started.