Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob

Default Are all *new* stanley planes equal?

One of the dealers I frequent carries several lines of hand planes.
Since record went belly-up, he began carrying Stanley planes imported
from the U.K. Are these better, worse, or the same as what I might buy
at a local borg under the Stanley name? Visually, they don't look half
bad with respect to fit and finish and the price ($40 for an adjustable
mouth block plane) is tempting.

Bob

FS 1st of the new year planes and 30% off the rest of my planes. Steve Knight Woodworking 14 January 5th 05 03:22 PM
FS 30% off summer sale lots of cool planes and new tools to see. Steve Knight Woodworking 66 August 1st 04 12:59 AM
Stanley planes value? crj Woodworking 4 November 12th 03 04:29 AM
FS 1/2 off sale and ebony planes. Steve Knight Woodworking 7 August 3rd 03 05:19 PM