Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kevin Craig

Default GLOAT: Delta jointer

I'm not actually the gloater in this tale, more like the gloat enabler.

I was perusing the clearance tables at the Blue Borg, and underneath
the table was a Delta JT360 jointer. This is the 6" Shopmaster, with
open stand and lever adjustments. It's normally $349 at Lowes and
Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...id=1106637569/
sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/002-4440640-8953654?v=glance&s=hi

The box was open, but everything inside was still wrapped in plastic.
Oh, and it was marked $200!

I was flat broke, so I called a buddy to tell him about it. This was an
hour before the store closed, so he didn't come right then. I was in
the store the next day, and noticed it was gone. I turned my head, and
there was my buddy at the checkout, with a big grin on his face.

I was glad one of us got it before the thievin' *******s who always
steal my gloat thunder right before I get there. And now I can hit him
up when I need to joint some lumber. :-)

Kevin