Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jack Schmidling

Default Planer comparison

I have a love/hate relationship with my 12.5" Delta planer which I
bought because it was a few bucks cheaper.

It works fine for awhile and then gets grumpy as hell and refuses to
feed properly. I replace the blades, adjust the roller height and it
works for awhile but long before I am ready, it gets grumpy again.
The height adjustment is a real joke and is more mucking than
adjusting.

I replaced the entire cutting head because the bearings went out and I
am really getting tired of this.

I was on my way to buy a DeWalt but I thought I would get some
opinions before plunging again.

What are the thoughts on these two planers?

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Gems, Sausage, http://schmidling.com

JOINTING WITH A PLANER J T Woodworking 4 January 3rd 05 11:54 PM
Delta planer wont feed Mark Woodworking 6 December 30th 04 06:52 PM
DIY planer blade sharpening revisitied:-) Lyndell Thompson Woodworking 0 March 25th 04 03:15 AM
Wide Planer, or Compact Planer + Wide Sander? Nate B Woodworking 5 January 21st 04 08:19 PM
DeWalt 735 planer review. BRFordJr Woodworking 11 December 16th 03 03:44 PM