Sandman

Default OT... Thanks Johnny

*raises a glass to one of the funniest men ever*

Buddy Matlosz

"Sandman" wrote in message
oups.com...
*raises a glass to one of the funniest men ever*

Best in the business. Leno, Letterman, and the others couldn't hold a candle
to this guy.

B.

jo4hn

Sandman wrote:

*raises a glass to one of the funniest men ever*

I will certainly klink mine to yours. I am in awe of Mr. C who seemed
to be at his best when his material was at its worst.

I am, however, curious as to why you make this toast at this time.
mahalo,
jo4hn
Buddy Matlosz

"jo4hn" wrote in message
ink.net...
Sandman wrote:

*raises a glass to one of the funniest men ever*

I will certainly klink mine to yours. I am in awe of Mr. C who seemed
to be at his best when his material was at its worst.

I am, however, curious as to why you make this toast at this time.
mahalo,
jo4hn

He just died:

http://www.wnbc.com/news/4121637/det...01050201232005

B.

Upscale

"jo4hn" wrote in message news:0DUId.3795
I am, however, curious as to why you make this toast at this time.
mahalo,

Apparently, he's just died. Heard it on the radio news. Emphysema
supposedly.

Tom O'Connor

I was sorry to hear of his passing.

Mark & Juanita

On 23 Jan 2005 12:23:33 -0800, "Sandman" wrote:

*raises a glass to one of the funniest men ever*

Yep, he had the talent to be hilarious even when the material was dying
or something was going wrong. (anybody remember "Frontier Bris"?)

David

Johnny was my favorite all time late night host. The rest are pikers.
Anyone remember "Who Do You Trust"?

We just lost a national treasure.

David

*raises a glass to one of the funniest men ever*

Jeff P.

Yeah, Johnny was one in a million. I don't think there will ever be another
like him.

--
Jeff P.

"A ship carrying blue paint collided with a ship carrying red paint. The
crew are believed to be marooned."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in message

"Sandman" wrote in message
oups.com...
*raises a glass to one of the funniest men ever*

Best in the business. Leno, Letterman, and the others couldn't hold a

candle
to this guy.

B.

Silvan

Jeff P. wrote:

Yeah, Johnny was one in a million. I don't think there will ever be
another like him.

Sure not Jay Leno. I'll raise a glass to him too, if a bit late.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
Sandman wrote:

*raises a glass to one of the funniest men ever*

One of the best tributes I've read is by Larry Miller at
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten.../000/005/178dr
snb.asp

djb

Duane Bozarth

Silvan wrote:

Jeff P. wrote:

Yeah, Johnny was one in a million. I don't think there will ever be
another like him.

Sure not Jay Leno. I'll raise a glass to him too, if a bit late.

He seems to have worn out early to me...initially I thought he would be
pretty good, but either it was just the new kid phenomenon or something
but I've not thought him of much interest for some time...I do like the
"headlines" segment, though, but that's nothing about him...
Silvan

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Sure not Jay Leno. I'll raise a glass to him too, if a bit late.

He seems to have worn out early to me...initially I thought he would be
pretty good, but either it was just the new kid phenomenon or something
but I've not thought him of much interest for some time...I do like the
"headlines" segment, though, but that's nothing about him...

Who? When? What? Oh, that chin guy who used to be on the Tonight Show
after Johnny retired? Is that show still on?

(I heard Leno is going to retire to be replaced with Conan O'Brien. Oh
yeah, that's the winning move. I've never managed to sit through more than
two minutes of one of Conan's shows. The guy is a true dingleberry.)

(All the more reason not to watch TV. About all I do watch is various
flavors of Law & Order and South Park. Maybe some stand-up comedy. I like
that Tater Salad guy a lot, and that here's your sign guy.)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Duane Bozarth

Silvan wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote:

(I heard Leno is going to retire to be replaced with Conan O'Brien. Oh
yeah, that's the winning move. I've never managed to sit through more than
two minutes of one of Conan's shows. The guy is a true dingleberry.)

(All the more reason not to watch TV. About all I do watch is various
flavors of Law & Order and South Park. Maybe some stand-up comedy. I like
that Tater Salad guy a lot, and that here's your sign guy.)

As are the others at least on network...since have no cable/dish, that's
all that I've access to and watch very little of that other than the
local weather -- well, as close as they get to "local"...

Never seen any of the other you mention altho I've heard tell of S Park
but don't think it would be anything I'd watch even if it were
available...

I do try to see the "Baxter Black and Friends" episodes on Sunday
evenings, though. (That, of course, is a regional thing--if one isn't
pretty familiar w/ raising cattle, farming, "vitin-eery" work, etc.,
it's unlikely he will nearly as good...

When he was still "vet-ing" as a livelihood, called in big city vet to
help figure out how to keep from going broke since they seemed to be
doing well.

"What's your fee structure?"

"Well, I ask for ten bucks and keep the hide."