J T

Default INSPIRATION - Chest Beckets

http://www.marlinespike.com/beckets.html

Tried a post at rec.woodworking.JOAT, but kept getting routed back
here, to this bunch of savages. The moderator there kept babbling some
nonsense about The Cabal threatening him with grievous bodily harm if it
was posted there.

There is no Cabal. the Woodworking Gods agree.

JOAT
Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people
what they need to get.
- Albert

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:47:14 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.marlinespike.com/beckets.html

Nice beckets, but they're not cheap.

I had a couple of beckets made for repairing and old chest a while
ago. One of the neighbours was _delighted_ to make them up for me.
He's an old sailor who can do this sort of Belfast whiteline work but
(a bit like wood turners) he rarely gets the chance to display it.
There's only so much knotwork you can have around a house...