Lawrence L'Hote

Default I Never Saw a Dumpster I Didn't Like

http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/dumpster-wood.jpg

I stopped by a dumpster behind a home decor store that was renovating and
picked up a pickup load of stuff early this morning. I'm not sure what it
is but it is sure heavy and it's not oak. There must be a dozen pieces of
the stuff in my haul and more in that dumpster. I had an appointment at my
health club so I had to leave a lot more behind.. I can vision a piece of
fine furniture with this stuff. Maybe even another ultimate router table.

Larry

Roger Shoaf

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/dumpster-wood.jpg

I stopped by a dumpster behind a home decor store that was renovating and
picked up a pickup load of stuff early this morning. I'm not sure what it
is but it is sure heavy and it's not oak. There must be a dozen pieces of
the stuff in my haul and more in that dumpster. I had an appointment at

my
health club so I had to leave a lot more behind.. I can vision a piece

of
fine furniture with this stuff. Maybe even another ultimate router table.

Larry

Keep your eyes peeled for pallets. Some of these are made from hardwood and
if you select the chunks well some of these will clean up nicely.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

C'mon, Bill. Larry just likes a freebie as much as the rest of us. I'm
sure your tounge was planted firmly in cheek during most or all of that
post.
The legs (6) on my new couch were unacceptable, so it's sitting on
refinished sections of old dining table (oak, I think) legs, found by
the side of the road. Stained 'em to match the new mahogany floor.
Some new product display racks for my bottle stoppers are made from
found plexiglass from the back of a plastic company, what they consider
small scraps. All of the cabinets, stands, drawers etc. in my shop were
built with used melamine, salvaged from cabinets my "day job" company
was discarding. I still have about 6 sheets left, if I ever expand the
shop. Why should this useful stuff go to fill up a landfill?
Reduce - Reuse - Recycle!

jo4hn

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/dumpster-wood.jpg

I stopped by a dumpster behind a home decor store that was renovating and
picked up a pickup load of stuff early this morning. I'm not sure what it
is but it is sure heavy and it's not oak. There must be a dozen pieces of
the stuff in my haul and more in that dumpster. I had an appointment at my
health club so I had to leave a lot more behind.. I can vision a piece of
fine furniture with this stuff. Maybe even another ultimate router table.

Larry

More proof that Larry is indeed the Duke of Dumpster.
j4
:-)
Eric Tonks

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

[...]

Check out your local printer who prints large sheets of paper. They buy the
paper bulk loaded on skids. Because the paper is easily damaged, the skids
are usually of high quality wood with no spaces or gaps in the top. Also
bulk paper needs to be strapped down to the skid so they need to use a top
or lid to prevent the straps from damaging the paper, this also needs to be
made of good quality material and is often a sheet of plywood. I am still
working on my stack of skid lids that I collected on my job before I retired
from the printing business. They were made out of 7/8" thick dressed pine.
After removing marks, cutting out knots and some minor wood damage, it makes
good wood for jigs, supports and other smaller items -- best of all it was
free.

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,

then
they come up with this striped stuff.

Tom Watson

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:21:05 GMT, "Lawrence L'Hote"
wrote:

http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/dumpster-wood.jpg

I stopped by a dumpster behind a home decor store that was renovating and
picked up a pickup load of stuff early this morning. I'm not sure what it
is but it is sure heavy and it's not oak. There must be a dozen pieces of
the stuff in my haul and more in that dumpster. I had an appointment at my
health club so I had to leave a lot more behind.. I can vision a piece of
fine furniture with this stuff. Maybe even another ultimate router table.

Larry

Shazzam! You found a muthaload of the fabled Wormy MDF!

Congratulations!

watson - who is thinking of posting some pix on how to turn wormy mdf
into cheery aid cherry - my most favoritest wood.

(don't worry none - i'm just foolin')

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Pounds on Wood

wrote in message
ups.com...
C'mon, Bill. Larry just likes a freebie as much as the rest of us. I'm
sure your tounge was planted firmly in cheek during most or all of that
post.

Yes, TIC and I know Larrys was too. He knows MDF when he sees it and would
never mistake it for Oak. First rule of Dumpster Diving is to know ****
from shinola.

--
********
Bill Pounds - who's legs have dangled out of more than one dumpster.

Dave Balderstone

In article , Pounds on Wood
wrote:

Yes, TIC and I know Larrys was too. He knows MDF when he sees it and would
never mistake it for Oak. First rule of Dumpster Diving is to know ****
from shinola.

Manure has its uses, too. g

Kevin Craig

In article , mac davis
wrote:

I think that perforated stuff was that new lightweight building
material used in space, wasn't it?

No, that's the highly-sought birdseye HDF!

Kevin
Cherokee-Ltd

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Shazzam! You found a muthaload of the fabled Wormy MDF!

Wormy MDF... pfft
I'd give up my entire inventory of wormy and spalted MDF for a tidy little
stash of MDF Burl.

-Brian

mac davis

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:32:45 -0500, "Cherokee-Ltd"
wrote:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Shazzam! You found a muthaload of the fabled Wormy MDF!

Wormy MDF... pfft
I'd give up my entire inventory of wormy and spalted MDF for a tidy little
stash of MDF Burl.

-Brian

no problem...

mix vinegar and baking soda...
apply to surface
apply stain of choice while mixture is damp
watch chemical reaction and see your burl forming..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

IBM Selectric Typing Element Repair/Alignment Robert D. Rudeseal Electronics Repair 13 October 15th 04 03:30 PM
un-gloat, dumpster das Metalworking 55 February 2nd 04 07:36 AM
The stainless from hell Jon Elson Metalworking 18 October 22nd 03 08:30 AM