Norm Edelmann

Default Delta 28-365/350 blade guide woes

I just bought a 20" Delta 28-365 wood/metal varialble speed band saw for
$1,000. Great deal right? Well it has the old metal plate blade guides
for cutting metal so I thought I could just go to Delta and buy a set of
wood guides for the 28-350 which is almost the same saw but strictly
wood. The lower guide has a price tag of $1,280 and the upper is around
$300. Looks like I'll be sticking with the stacked metal for now.

This beauty came with a blade welder, about 400' of various blade stock
and a 3ph and 1ph motor. Unfortunately they're both 1HP and I'll
probably be replacing it with a 2-3HP right away but it's still a great
deal I think.

If anyone is familiar with these old Deltas I'd appreciate hearing from you.

contact Carter guides and see if they can help you for less. Good
luck,
Mike from American Sycamore

www.americansycamoreretreat.com

Norm Edelmann

contact Carter guides and see if they can help you for less. Good
luck,
Mike from American Sycamore

www.americansycamoreretreat.com

Just went to their web site and it doesn't look like they will have
anything. The lower guide on this saw is pretty unique.

But I'll drop them a note and see. Thanks
Unisaw A100

Norm Edelmann wrote:
This beauty came with a blade welder, about 400' of various blade stock
and a 3ph and 1ph motor. Unfortunately they're both 1HP and I'll
probably be replacing it with a 2-3HP right away but it's still a great
deal I think.

I'd be interested in the single phase motor. Got a picture?

If anyone is familiar with these old Deltas I'd appreciate hearing from you.

I'd be trying it out with the present guides before thinking
they are inadequate. After all, a guide is a guide no
matter the material being cut.

In the mean time try the OWWM for additional info.

UA100

Norm Edelmann

contact Carter guides and see if they can help you for less. Good
luck,
Mike from American Sycamore

www.americansycamoreretreat.com

Well I spoke to them this morning and you're absolutely right. They have
a full conversion kit that fits this saw. I'm still waiting for pricing
but it's got to be better than the $1,500 Delta quoted me .
Thanks, and I appologize for doubting you.