BillyBob

Default Happy with new sander

Thanks to Leon and others in this newsgroup, I learned a lot about sanders.
I decided my first investment in an electric sander would be a porter cable
speedbloc. It came last week and I used it all weekend. If a belt sander
is the woodbutcher's hatchet, than this sander must be his scalpel.
Everything you guys said about lack of vibration and fine control is true.
My projects are going to be a little bit more polished from now on. Yeah,
I'll buy an ROS for other sanding work someday, but I'm glad I started here.

Bob Davis
Houston, Texas

Leon

"BillyBob" wrote in message
nk.net...
Thanks to Leon and others in this newsgroup, I learned a lot about
sanders.
I decided my first investment in an electric sander would be a porter
cable
speedbloc. It came last week and I used it all weekend. If a belt
sander
is the woodbutcher's hatchet, than this sander must be his scalpel.
Everything you guys said about lack of vibration and fine control is true.
My projects are going to be a little bit more polished from now on. Yeah,
I'll buy an ROS for other sanding work someday, but I'm glad I started
here.

Bob Davis
Houston, Texas

It really is a timeless classic that performs well. It almost makes sanding
fun.

Jay Pique

"Leon" wrote:

"BillyBob" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thanks to Leon and others in this newsgroup, I learned a lot about
sanders.
I decided my first investment in an electric sander would be a porter
cable
speedbloc. It came last week and I used it all weekend. If a belt
sander
is the woodbutcher's hatchet, than this sander must be his scalpel.
Everything you guys said about lack of vibration and fine control is true.
My projects are going to be a little bit more polished from now on. Yeah,
I'll buy an ROS for other sanding work someday, but I'm glad I started
here.

Bob Davis
Houston, Texas

It really is a timeless classic that performs well. It almost makes sanding
fun.

Try a Festool ROS. You'll be giddy.

JP